Author Topic: best place for mesh?  (Read 3605 times)

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: best place for mesh?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 08:15:50 PM »
Kinda like paying ten bucks extra for not buying the whole case of shirts?   ;)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »

But oddly I doubt ANY of us pay higher than CASE pricing even for individual shirts.

Hell, I ordered a single shirt from SS the other day, got case pricing AND free shipping (and it's 2 day shipping for me).

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »
I really don't understand the "cut fee".  As a matter of fact, I will not buy mesh from anywhere that charges that fee.  I've got mesh in rolls out in the shop right now and it takes literally 2 seconds to pull a yard or 2 out and tear it to the size I need.  If I were selling mesh, I'd obviously have it in bolt form to sell but I'd also have the rolls on the wall and when a customer orders a yard or maybe 10, you simply pull the mesh out with the length you need, sort of like you do a roll of toilet paper and tear it.  Charging $10 for that is ridiculous.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
It does seem absurd but we get ours from murakami and they ship it in rolls.  Prolly cost about a ten spot for shop time/storage + materials in the end. 

But why this is not simply rolled into the less than a bolt pricing so we can be spared from pondering why we just paid someone ten bills to rip a piece of fabric or why they don't just fold it up and stuff it in a bag is beyond me.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »
But if you buy 10 cuts of mesh that is $100 bucks for about 10 mins of someones time... someone that is probably making basically min. wage.

You don't pay 10 bucks a cut at the fabric store... hell, I OVER paid for some fabric the other day and it was 10 bucks a yard period.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:05 PM »
We've had to pay the $10/cut fee when we've ordered Murakami's Smart mesh, but it came directly from Murakami, I believe... Anyone know of a supplier who houses it and doesn't charge said cut fee?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
We've had to pay the $10/cut fee when we've ordered Murakami's Smart mesh, but it came directly from Murakami, I believe... Anyone know of a supplier who houses it and doesn't charge said cut fee?

Westar.  They keep rolls on hand of all the popular counts of standard or "T" threads of Smartmesh and some 150/48 "S" but will need to order anything else.  You can see their stock selection on the link. 

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »

But oddly I doubt ANY of us pay higher than CASE pricing even for individual shirts.

Hell, I ordered a single shirt from SS the other day, got case pricing AND free shipping (and it's 2 day shipping for me).

Very true.  Not to speak for Sonny, but to compare apples to apples, I'd bet that if you ordered a few bolts of mesh from Sonny every month he'd send you a couple yards of whatever you want to try out for free.   ;D

Oh, and a few months ago I grabbed a couple yards from AST (along with a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff,) and they didn't charge a cut fee--but they do list having one.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »

I could do this.  Remember, anything you buy from me if you do not like I buy back within 30 days.

Very true.  Not to speak for Sonny, but to compare apples to apples, I'd bet that if you ordered a few bolts of mesh from Sonny every month he'd send you a couple yards of whatever you want to try out for free.   ;D

Oh, and a few months ago I grabbed a couple yards from AST (along with a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff,) and they didn't charge a cut fee--but they do list having one.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald