Author Topic: Snake Hunt 2012  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Snake Hunt 2012
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »
We went with six colors instead of 7 to free up a head for the front print.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Snake Hunt 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:46:37 PM »
PERTY GOOOOD.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:05:02 PM »
As usual, it looks great. Cool stuff you get to print, and it's easy to see why they keep coming back.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »
You always knock that one out of the park Donnie.  I'd like to come up there and partake in that snake hunt one of these days.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
You always knock that one out of the park Donnie.  I'd like to come up there and partake in that snake hunt one of these days.

I don't get to see much of it either. My ass is usually chained to the press.  >:(.  But if you ever partake... I'll show you the ropes ;)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 08:28:15 AM »
I'd like to take a trip out to OK for the Snake Hunt. I saw it on TV and seemed like a bunch of good people. I'd first visit that famous screen print shop.

I've been around a few being from West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Never participated in the hunt and would not. I don't kill them or eat them but enjoy catching snakes a checking out the type of snakes I catch.  I stay away from the more obvious like a water moccasin. They are meaner than a rattler. Rattlers are actually very cool snakes. Dangerous and poisonous, but cool to study (for a while) then release them somewhere safe.

We used to keep a few snakes in the house but the wife got tired of that. Just small ones. Rat snakes. Very docile. For some reason, next to our front door we have a small tree. Last year, around mating season, we had 6 3ft black snakes hanging around in the tree. I took them all out to my friends Serpentarium and he released them all just outside his back yard. Good rat catchers.

About two years ago now, I found a snake skin that was as thick as my forearm. Probably 5ft long. Thats huge for Fl.  It may have been a small python. Not native to Fl of course. My gig is turtles and tortoises.
They are the most docile creatures yet have survived all this time even after being picked up often as an easy meal for millions of years.

I have always had a running joke with my son. Always told him I was going to be a turtle hurder when he grows up.  Hee ah! Move along turtles!

I saw some tees that had two turtles doing it...and it was titled SLOW POKE. Ha.one of my ( want to do's) is to do a retail line of wildlife. One day.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:14:37 AM »
I can see Dan running around in the bush with his khaki shorts and wool socks, reaching under rocks and pulling out snakes by their heads and shoving their faces into the camera... "this is Flaridah's deeadliest snoik!"

It was fun doing the art for the Snake Hunt and Donnie's always great to work with, but I don't know if I could stomach a snake slaughter like that for too long. That is, until the barbecue. It does taste like chicken.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
I can see Dan running around in the bush with his khaki shorts and wool socks, reaching under rocks and pulling out snakes by their heads and shoving their faces into the camera... "this is Flaridah's deeadliest snoik!"

It was fun doing the art for the Snake Hunt and Donnie's always great to work with, but I don't know if I could stomach a snake slaughter like that for too long. That is, until the barbecue. It does taste like chicken.

Semi-related, I did a gig at a big town boucherie (pig slaughter) and of course they had the pig in a cage right next to the sound console.  So when it came time, they "stuck" the pig like 15' away from me.  I just hid under my console closed my eyes and covered my ears for like 10 mins.

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 07:09:41 AM »
Looks good
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr