Author Topic: So who makes the best panel frame?  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: So who makes the best panel frame?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01:04 AM »
here's the deal with panel frames. If you double roll the mesh, you only do one side, not all 4. That will bring them up into the high teens. You can only double roll after you printed on them a few times or it will bust. at first tension, they are like Mike said in the mid teens. The main issues we have is the powder coating is coming off and turning into a real rough almost sandpaper type finish. When stretching a panel, we can get all the way to the end of the frame and the locking bar starts to do a 90 degree turn up, not sliding down and locking into position. we ripped about 3 305's the other day trying to get one frame to work. The tiny holes, we get those too. I believe they are pressure points put on the frame inside the frame holders on the press. we don't use frame tape and panels, so I think that's the issue there.

I am / have been slowly switching to rollers, it's a little more work but it's night and day as far as a print goes. I wish I would have listened to Sam and went with them sooner.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: So who makes the best panel frame?
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 09:18:26 AM »
Just for an FYI I tried the incorrect sefar roller panels in our standard frames and it will not work. The locking strip is different and will not engage the tracks on the standard frames correctly.

Becareful in the future and make sure you order the right frames keeping in my they have new panels for their rollers.

Peter i will get in contact with your guy and get these panels replaced with the right ones.

Thanks
"No man is an island"