Author Topic: Does anyone here use the Union Inks with their auto?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Does anyone here use the Union Inks with their auto?
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »
Just wondering..I am having issues while printing. I know i have to select the correct mesh and all that.. But was wondering if anyone doctor's up their ink for different types of jobs..

thanks

Rob

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Does anyone here use the Union Inks with their auto?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »
most ink brands are about the same to be honest.  it's usually operator inexperience.  auto printing is so different from manual printing that the same "fixes" generally won't apply.

what problem(s) are you having?

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:26:04 AM »
Rob...we will go over this tomorrow...but we use primary wilflex....

sam

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:27:59 AM »
i will say that wilflex is consistent, that is one awesome thing about them.  even their whites are dead on from batch to batch.

and I get them next door. ;)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
It probably has more to do with mesh selection and temp...'

I did a 4 color wet on wet with a white flashed underbase...it was ok but i was not that thrilled with it...

You can go through alot of sample shirts trying to get the kinks worked out! LOL

Yeah sam, this seems to be my worst problem at the moment...Im sure another worst problem will arise also!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
The question was about Union inks, and yes, we use them all the time, the mixo systems for PMS colors. They are opaque, but let's be real, they will need underbasing. We favor the Wilflex Quick White for that. Yes autos are different, but not that different; you have to dial them in as opposed to changing your printing by hand, but you're usually trying to do the same thing. By hand you can adjust pressure, speed, downward force, etc. On the auto, you have to get it to do that, and once it's set, you're good. By hand, you simply can't replicate exactly from print to print, not talking about 1 color printing here, but multi color where changing pressures and speeds will make a difference.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »
yeah brem, i guess i should have been more vague in my questions..LOL  ..Now that i am thinking about it, its not the ink.haha!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 10:45:36 AM »
some Union inks are not designed for WOW and will give you trouble (MAXO for example). Stick with ultrasoft series for now, they'll print fine wet on wet. . .

any underbase should do.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »
some Union inks are not designed for WOW and will give you trouble (MAXO for example). Stick with ultrasoft series for now, they'll print fine wet on wet. . .

any underbase should do.

pierre

I totally understand that..I used some maxo for a color, it sucked..LOL..After i out soft hand in it and worked better...yeah going to the ultrasoft for now on..with underbases

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 12:40:57 PM »
Inks work better after you warm the pallets up some and hit it a few strokes to get it flowing,  I use union inks but WM plastics for all my white ink printing.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 02:48:10 PM »
I had used a few colors of their Autoline, really liked the way it printed.