Author Topic: How to knock out backgrounds in Corel?  (Read 2704 times)

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Re: How to knock out backgrounds in Corel?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »
Something more like this? I did this real quick in Photoshop, but if you've got layers and masks in PhotoPaint, the only rub is knocking out the white and dialing in your selection to eliminate any artifacts around the lower text (like you can faintly see in this low res copy) but still keep most of the flames. If your Corel file has the text separate, do the white knockout on the "art" part alone in PhotoPaint, then place it back into Corel.
To keep the white inside the art, duplicate the file, do the background delete on the bottom copy, then mask or erase the outside white and flame areas on the top copy, letting the softened flame edges on the bottom show.
You could also go into the bottom copy with the soft flame edges and add some harder edges to make the flames a bit more interesting, or to restore some of that which got lost in the initial white background "selection".
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
I went ahead and did it for him. Just called him a couple hours ago and just now sent him this one. Yea.  Had some artifacts in it.
I re-did the type (blue and orang at bottom and re-did the fire. or rather, just cleaned it up. Blurring, airbrushing and re- coloring etc.  I prob. had an hour in it.

D

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 09:33:49 PM »
The highlights on the phone number are a nice addition, Dan. Punches it up a little.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:40 PM »
After you convert it wouldn't you just ungroup and delete the white?

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com