Author Topic: ISS Atlanta...  (Read 6677 times)

Offline brandhouseink

• Verified/Junior
Re: ISS Atlanta...
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »
haha, franklin road, I was JUST talking about that road today(because I was on it).  We are on the other side of 41 from Franklin, across from SPSU or Southern Tech as it used to be called.

I lived there for about 1.5 years.  I was poor as hell, and I was DUMB enough to look for apartments in ALT area in the day light...lol.  Everything looks safe in the day light.  Night time was a different story.  I think someone was murdered in our laundry room.  Was pretty frequent someone was shot or shot at on our street.  Seen a good bit of gang stuff too.  That was what motivated us to start our business.  We started it out of our apartment, and got the hell out soon as we could.

Franklin road has been pretty quiet lately. The Murder Show has moved on down the road to the City. I think they are averaging about 2 per day over in Northwest Atlanta.. Can't get these Judges in Georgia to hand out any real sentences...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »
I lived there for about 1.5 years.  I was poor as hell, and I was DUMB enough to look for apartments in ALT area in the day light...lol.  Everything looks safe in the day light.  Night time was a different story.  I think someone was murdered in our laundry room.  Was pretty frequent someone was shot or shot at on our street.  Seen a good bit of gang stuff too.  That was what motivated us to start our business.  We started it out of our apartment, and got the hell out soon as we could.

That's the time to go look at things IMHO, if there are a lot of people hanging around in the middle of the day, they aren't working.  Everytime I drive down that road I almost hit 4 or 5 people jaywalking or trying to cross the road with their pants down around their knees. 

Franklin road has been better of late, they knocked down a crappy apartment building and that seemed to make the roaches scatter.  There were HUGE plans to redevelop it, but when the collapse came it was abandoned.  They are working on it little by little.  New street lights, sidewalks and paving.  You know it's bad when the QT on that street has a most wanted poster up.

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »

That's the time to go look at things IMHO, if there are a lot of people hanging around in the middle of the day, they aren't working.  Everytime I drive down that road I almost hit 4 or 5 people jaywalking or trying to cross the road with their pants down around their knees. 

Franklin road has been better of late, they knocked down a crappy apartment building and that seemed to make the roaches scatter.  There were HUGE plans to redevelop it, but when the collapse came it was abandoned.  They are working on it little by little.  New street lights, sidewalks and paving.  You know it's bad when the QT on that street has a most wanted poster up.

Heck the day we visited it was nice down there in the day, so we signed up and got it leased.   Night time we moved in, got knocked over first night by a guy running from the cops.  Thats a great feeling on night one.  Haha. 

Which apartments did they get rid of?  If you turn left on Franklin Rd. I think we were 1st or 2nd set on the right.  I can't remember the name of them.  Brown in color at the time. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »
the ones across from Gantts Market, it's going commercial, which was the plan with the whole road, go commercial and residential mixed, live and work in the same area type thing.

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »
Great Chinese restaurant on Franklin - Tasty China.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
Yup, Peter Chang is a damn good chef.

we could meetup there.  Or there is a pho place a little ways away that is dynamite.

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 03:41:34 PM »
Peter Chang left Tasty China a few years back. He currently owns/runs an upscale joint on Powers Ferry by the name of Peter Changs Tasty China II. If you like spicy Szechuan cooking, the place is the bomb. Unlike most Chinese restaurants, it actually has a little ambiance & a full bar.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
he starts them and leaves, it's his m.o.  he usually picks really crappy strip malls for his places as well.  strange.

printguy, do you live around here?

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »
Dunwoody

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
nice.

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
How 'bout you?

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
underground is where you want to go ig you want to get shot.  It's gone down hill and I wouldn't go there after dark.  They need to put a moving sidewalk from there to Grady hospital, just toss the bodies on there...no need for an ambulance.

Atlanta just isn't a tourist city, there are great things to do outside of atlanta, but in the city sucks.

Would Pantherville count as a great thing to do outside of Atlanta? Years ago on our way to our shack in the mountains we stopped one night to go to a Braves game the next afternoon. Stayed in a motel in Pantherville. It was "interesting" . . .
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »
I am in Marietta, between Roswell and Marietta.  Right by Walton HS.

Pantherville?  I don't know if I even know where that is.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »
Southeast side, over between 285 and 20.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »
brad, you probably know where it is just not by that name.  :)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panthersville,_Georgia

i'll be at ISS Friday and Saturday. 
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints