Author Topic: F#!**ing Mouse  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Croft

F#!**ing Mouse
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:39:49 PM »
Well falls on its way and a mouse decided to make a nest in one of my sporty's print arms , Just spent the morning replacing air lines and a wire!!!!!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: F#!**ing Mouse
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
Were fighting fruit flies galore, they make it so hard to sit down and concentrate on work. Dumpsters are right out back and they are all infested with fruit flies, we keep zero perishables inside except for the fridge, all food products go directly to the dumpster instead of the trash cans yet the fruit flies are every where! Bought some sticky ribbons and not one fruit fly has stuck yet waste of f-ing money. Could Bug Bomb but with the dumpsters out back they will return in one day.
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »
Mike, take some paper cups, put a little vinegar, like a half inch, and a couple of drops of Dawn detergent, instant fruit fly trap. They love it so much they die...

Steve

amazing how fast those little suckers are.
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
Bleach in the dumpster should help. Get a pesticide sprayer and hit it twice a day in a week you should be good
Mice hate bounce dryer sheets stick them everywhere, behind shelves, corners under press everywhere the little bastards would like to go it keeps them away. Don't cheap out get bounce  Also the best bait to put on a trap,,,, caramel their teeth stick To it so they can't easily steal it from the trap. Good luck

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:49:40 PM »
Bleach in the dumpster should help. Get a pesticide sprayer and hit it twice a day in a week you should be good
Mice hate bounce dryer sheets stick them everywhere, behind shelves, corners under press everywhere the little bastards would like to go it keeps them away. Don't cheap out get bounce  Also the best bait to put on a trap,,,, caramel their teeth stick To it so they can't easily steal it from the trap. Good luck

You've invested too much time into this. ;)

I had an infestation problem in my old shop.  I tried being nice and catching them live... but I just had enough.  They would run around us during the day with the lights on.  Hilarious to watch my bro-in-law flip out and my daughter giggle, but we had enough.  I got 3 shock traps... nuff said!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
Mike, take some paper cups, put a little vinegar, like a half inch, and a couple of drops of Dawn detergent, instant fruit fly trap. They love it so much they die...

Steve

amazing how fast those little suckers are.

They seem to like bourbon - but its a waste of good bourbon for a fruit fly trap.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:49 PM »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »

You've invested too much time into this. ;)

I had an infestation problem in my old shop.  I tried being nice and catching them live... but I just had enough.  They would run around us during the day with the lights on.  Hilarious to watch my bro-in-law flip out and my daughter giggle, but we had enough.  I got 3 shock traps... nuff said!

Sure you can kill them off in a day or two but to keep them from ever coming back dryer sheets. I worked with a guy who stored campers and everyone always wondered how he kept the field mice out while storing them in , a field,,dryer sheets seems to work great.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:25 AM »

They seem to like bourbon - but its a waste of good bourbon for a fruit fly trap.
[/quote]

You just might catch me if you leave little cups of Bourbon around your shop :)
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 08:25:13 AM »
I would never waste bourbon on a fly!
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »
then drink it, a little extra protein wouldn't hurt.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
i end up fishing them out of the glass...  depending on how far into the night - i end up drinking them.

i have heard of the dryer sheets repelling mice - a friend that restores classic cars uses them when he stores the car and related parts.