Author Topic: Corel X6 and outlines  (Read 7055 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Corel X6 and outlines
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 01:24:18 PM »
I assume you are talking about one of the line tools. freehand/bezier/2 point etc.

To be able to move any of these tools you have to first open customization, then you have to be in the commands section. at this point it will allow you to move items willy nilly, then you must hit OK when closing the customization window. Then to keep this as default for all documents you have to select "save settings as default" under the tools menu.
"No man is an island"

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 01:26:48 PM »
screen shot:hit the print screen button on the top of your key board and then paste it into coreldraw and export as a jpg....duh!..:)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »
First screen shot I am poitning to the freehand tool and fly out, confirm that is what you are talking about.

Second screen shot is showing what you need to do to be able to move tool bars and commands, notice in the customization window I am in the commands section.

"No man is an island"

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 01:44:03 PM »
I got it but did not notice I now have 3 outline pens on the bottom of page lmao... them is some nice screen shots ink, and jason i have no screen shot on my keyboard :( at least i do not think so it may be known as another name like F3 or F10 or something. I don't have a fancy keyboard still working with fancy program that i am still working on. Thanks

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 02:04:45 PM »
see below or I should say above on your key board

"No man is an island"

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »
Hard LOL

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
I think I got it not as nice as yours but ya can get the just. Dang that looks good lol. But this is what I am talking about, on CD 4 it was at the bottom and until you helped me with the commands I could not get it down. Now I am getting somewhere! Thks again
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:24:14 PM by sportsshoppe »

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »
In my screen shot my Corel is not customized yet but when I get around to it I remove everything from that section I never ever use I also seperate a lot of the tools from their flyouts, I prefer direct selecting the tool I want versus waiting on a fly out.

Also lets say you want the outline width command available while text is selected (it is not by default) you need to have actual text selected when in the commands section of customization find the outline width command and drag on to the tool bar, now that command is available while text is selected, this process is necessary for everything that has unique tool bars.

P.S. after you get everything the way you like export that work space as a back up.
"No man is an island"

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »
Thks Inkman, good information

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »
FYI, Talked to Tom with Advanced Artist and found out how to move tools (OL) to where you want them. Go to top of of corel page and right click where it is blank and unclick Lock Toolbar and that is it. To Simple huh? Man I feel stupid :(

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »
I mentioned that in my first post
"No man is an island"

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »
You did Ink..... I think I was toooo upset to gather what you were saying... Thks

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »
I'm considering getting X6 to run on my Mac (in Fusion) so I can check some of the advanced artist stuff, but after looking over this thread, I'm not so sure, it looks like a cluster you know what to me. Why is there an outline "tool", can't you just select an object and outline it? Or are just saying the same thing in different languages? I've been an Illustrator user since the beginning (Illustrator 88) and I'm pretty comfortable there, and I haven't received a CD file in over 2 years from a customer. However, I would like to investigate the new toy from Advanced Artist... any suggestions, or advice, maybe from someone who works in both Illy and CD?

Steve

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, honest...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »
I'm considering getting X6 to run on my Mac (in Fusion) so I can check some of the advanced artist stuff, but after looking over this thread, I'm not so sure, it looks like a cluster you know what to me. Why is there an outline "tool", can't you just select an object and outline it? Or are just saying the same thing in different languages? I've been an Illustrator user since the beginning (Illustrator 88) and I'm pretty comfortable there, and I haven't received a CD file in over 2 years from a customer. However, I would like to investigate the new toy from Advanced Artist... any suggestions, or advice, maybe from someone who works in both Illy and CD?

Steve

I would feel the sam way about going to a Mac and using Illy.... There will be a learning curve but there seems to be so many more programs that you can purchase for Corel to help with seps. Now if you have some really high end art there is some good artist here to help with that but most of what I do does not require the super high end work like blue moon does. As for Advanced Artist programs, they save me hours of seperating and with Corel X6 I have many more tools at my hands and am learning each of them slowly while still working in X4.. As for the outlines I like to have them close for my overlap on spot colors, some use contour but I prefer O/L when it will not change the effect of an object like a star or something. A/Artist really has some cool stuff and there customer support is second to none. Good Luck with choice...!!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »

Steve

I think you are confusing something for what it is not. Sportsshoppe initially called it outline tool, in reality it is not that nor does anything called an out line tool exist. What he is talking about is the exact same tools illy or even PS has, free hand tool, bezier etc.

As for actually out lining an object it is easier than you think, simply have an object selected and right click on any color in the well to apply that color as an out line or right click on the no color box and that will remove the outline. After all this there is obviously out line properties just as in any other graphic software.
"No man is an island"