screen printing > Screen Making

How do we keep new people from excessive frustration?

(1/4) > >>

DouglasGrigar:
Hints and tips?

Want to see a grown man come to tears - watch a newbie try to coat and expose screens with no coaching and listening to his supplier tell him some mythology...

Just today I had a former student tell me his supplier told him QLT would be just as good as a diazo-dual cure to hold halftones....

Denis Kolar:
I think I skipped crying a few months ago (thanks to Pierre).
I had a slight idea of how to do it (step wedge) but he helped me a lot.

Again, thanks Pierre.

blue moon:

--- Quote from: DKgrafix on May 25, 2011, 12:51:53 PM ---I think I skipped crying a few months ago (thanks to Pierre).
I had a slight idea of how to do it (step wedge) but he helped me a lot.

Again, thanks Pierre.

--- End quote ---

I did all the crying for him when I was starting. Just about no help and had to figure everything out buy reading the forums and talking to my sales rep. 'could not stomach somebody else going through the same pains. . .

Fresh Baked Printing:
Places like this forum helped a TON!
Ask your sales rep questions, they tend to know more than you when you're starting out.
Develop relationships with other printers in town and out of town and ask them questions. I thought other printers were my evil nemesis, turns out, they are very helpful.
Learn by doing. Don't be afraid to try stuff. You'll see what needs to be tweaked and be able to use given advice in context to better understand.

Frog:

--- Quote from: Fresh Baked Printing (bkd001) on May 25, 2011, 01:37:20 PM ---
Ask your sales rep questions, they tend to know more than you when you're starting out.

--- End quote ---

I'd normally agree, but as of late, my local reps fall way short, and as Douglas pointed out, some even give wrong information, or I find,  at the very least, an incomplete explanation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version