General > Industry shows

looking for MAGIC show info

(1/1)

blue moon:
has anybody done one of these? Are they worth the time?

In particular I am looking to find somebody that will distribute clothing lines to the retailers. Are there any other business opportunities there?

pierre

tonypep:
Its a huge show; overwhelming the first time. If you don't have appointments with buyers don't look for a payoff. However very educating as far as whats new. Get into the Pool show if you can thats where the smaller startups are. It's very very difficult to find a "distributor" and even more so to find a buyer who will even talk to you. It's completely price driven and theres simply too much good stuff out there. The majors buy mostly off shore and the boutiques are a huge ginormous pain to deal with. Hate to be a downer but I've been down the road many times with very talented people most of whom give up. Not that some lines don't take off but theres way more to it than having good graphics and garments. Resort market can be a bit easier. Anyway if you've never been it's worth it just for the experience. Just don't look for a return on your $$$ its an expensive show even if you're not exhibiting it and takes a few days. But best of luck if you do go!
tp

Fresh Baked Printing:
I went to Magic in 2008. tp is right, set up appointments before or you'll be on the outside looking in.
I've known several people that go to "watch" the first year, so they know what to do the second year.
Magic, Pool, Source, etc. is often where you go to meet that guy that you've spoken to on the phone or have already had correspondence with.
You will be overwhelmed with the talent there. I went as a buyer. Those guys are on auto pilot, as they go over their line with you. How fun can it be to show the same pieces in their line 40 times a day. It is interesting to see which lines have a real passion about their stuff v.s. looking like they've spent too much to cancel now.

You can find anything you need there, printers, cut-n-sew manufactures, custom denim, whatever apparel services you need.
The bigger lines will have celebs on hand to generate buzz about their stuff too.

Besides, it's in Vegas, so it can't suck!

Here's some stuff I printed for guy in 2009 that showed at Magic. This guy does custom sneakers for Nike and celebs. All the shirts you see in the photos were done by me:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version