Author Topic: SRoque - Ryonet?  (Read 48237 times)

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
Re: SRoque - Ryonet?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 08:07:24 PM »
Boys! I think the winds are turning...
It is going to be  intetesting to say the least.
I have heard through the grapevine some "other"
Known companies might set up assembly close by
As well. It should get fun!
Winston

Offline inkbrigade

SRoque - Ryonet?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 11:18:54 PM »
I talked to Ryan last week. They will indeed be selling Srouque.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 02:16:59 AM »
I know this is off topic but I wonder who will offer the first camouflage or customer specs for a paint job on their shiny new press. Flames, skulls, you name it. Sooner or later you just know it is going to be offered.  :)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 07:25:34 AM »
Strange considering tech support sps is already dealing Sroque, maybe they don't have an exclusivity or ryonet is only going to offer their smallest entry level model.
Well there are lot`s of M&R dealers too, but still Ryonet is as well selling M&R presses. As far as i know their man Don Garrison is doing the installs. Just wondering of they really start selling Srogue will M&R still deal with Ryonet?
The answer to your question is they will not be selling M&R going forward. Ryanet does not fit into our existing distribution as they are sell primarily through the Internet and our distribution has territories. The relationship does not work for Ryanet nor M&R and we wish them the best going forward. Hope that helps explain it for you.
Rich Hoffman

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »
I can respect that.  I know of that happening with other distributors as well with different equipment.

Offline mnalcl

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 12:32:46 AM »
Seems kinda odd for them to carry Sroque. What is the entry level price on their entry level press?

This is one thing I found interesting about this move by Ryonet, SRoque does not have a press priced at the "diamondback" level. But then again SRoque does not have a press as basic as the diamondback... Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great opportunity for Ryonet- but what auto are they going to sell at the 20k-40k level?

Offline inkbrigade

SRoque - Ryonet?
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 03:02:55 AM »
I expressed my concerns that I had to Ryan when I spoke with him. Not so much about a low-cost press. But rather why shop like mine would be deterred from purchasing one of these presses.

We currently have two M&R automatics and are happy with them.

Granted there are some bells and whistles other companies have that are not available on M&R presses for whatever reason.

That would be our only reason for switching press manufacturers.

The problem with trying to sell srouque to us is incompatibility.

We have a lot of money invested in specialty flood bars, squeegee holders, Tri-loc, and thousands and thousands of dollars invested in extra specialty platens for our presses.

Unless we were doing a complete forklift upgrade of all our presses, which would never happen. Installing a press with incompatible platens and other accessories would not make any sense for us.

I think most shops that would be purchasing a 10 color or equivalent expensive press would already be a shop with existing autos, and have the same mindset as I do regarding this.

I really like Ryan, Ryonet  and most of the people that work there. I fear that this is not such a great idea for them.

But who knows, I'm usually wrong about these sort of things anyways.

-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 08:47:56 AM »
one question I have is who are the TECH's?  are they any?  are they freelance?  or are they SRoque employees? 

also do they have 24/7 tech support? 

anyone?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 08:57:07 AM »
one question I have is who are the TECH's?  are they any?  are they freelance?  or are they SRoque employees? 

also do they have 24/7 tech support? 

anyone?

You know Sam that these things seem to be a "after thought" for most press manufactures.  Seems odd.  Woudl be like Chevy having 1 dealership in the whole USA and pretending they can saturated the USA with Chevys.  It would never happen.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:21 AM »
i would be fine with independent factory trained techs.  factory is the key on that one. 

Offline mnalcl

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 10:03:05 AM »
Currently there are 3 techs in North America from what I understand, with a fourth one being trained Oct./Nov.  This may have changed, as the last time I spoke with them about this was roughly a month ago. The techs do not directly work for SRoque, but have been "officially" trained and certified by them.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 11:10:13 AM »
The reason I ask...are you going to be railroaded into using certain techs like you had to with Printex?  I know a few people having problems getting anything done...

sam

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 11:13:48 AM »
trained techs - If the phrase "this is only the second one of these things I worked on" comes out of the techs mouth, I think I'll pass on the opportunity. I have been researching presses for the past 2 years, I spoke to countless guys about each model and dollar for dollar, spec for spec, cost vs tech support vs quality vs company longevity vs cool guys, M&R wins. this S roque thing may be the most baddass, fastest, easiest set up, hell the thing could have a naked chick on top with a beer tap, it's still way too new to the US, if it goes down I need a tech. NOW.  It's not a matter of IF it goes down, it's a matter of WHEN. . .just my opinion anyway. Most may not agree.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »
The reason I ask...are you going to be railroaded into using certain techs like you had to with asdfx?  I know a few people having problems getting anything done...

sam

I highly doubt this company or any other new to US company could compare or fail as miserably as printed, unless you know who was at the helm.
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 11:29:29 AM »
On the other hand, I was quite surprised to not see them take the initiative and step up to the plate and deny any connection with that same crook and troublemaker when he declared on another industry forum that he owned the US rights and would get a chunk of each sale.
The mere fact that they did deal with him in the past is a little scary as his history is pretty well documented.

Actually, if Ryan does not make similar statements distancing himself from him as well, he may suffer.

Hirsch refused to, and instantly, completely lost all of my, (and some others) support on their sad little forum.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?