Author Topic: Roller frames and dip tanks  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Roller frames and dip tanks
« on: September 11, 2012, 02:26:19 AM »
It really robbed me of my sleep reading here that roller frames will be shortened in their lifespan if put in a dip tank. Had to ask someone at Stretchdevices about this. Here is what he had to say.
"That is not true. As you know, our frames are made of all metal and dip tanks will not shorten the life of the frame. We have many small to large shops using dip tanks without issues. Are these people who are saying this providing specifics? If anything, harsh chemicals or even minerals in the water may cause the frame to show some aesthetic corrosion, but it is only superficial. It is not penetrating the metal at all. Feel free to use a dip tank if it will improve your process."

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Roller frames and dip tanks
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 02:30:07 AM »
It really robbed me of my sleep reading here that roller frames will be shortened in their lifespan if put in a dip tank. Had to ask someone at Stretchdevices about this. Here is what he had to say.
"That is not true. As you know, our frames are made of all metal and dip tanks will not shorten the life of the frame. We have many small to large shops using dip tanks without issues. Are these people who are saying this providing specifics? If anything, harsh chemicals or even minerals in the water may cause the frame to show some aesthetic corrosion, but it is only superficial. It is not penetrating the metal at all. Feel free to use a dip tank if it will improve your process."

Not true. Thank the heavens for dip tanks. We could not keep up without them.