Author Topic: Quartz flashes for manuals  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Get Shirts

Quartz flashes for manuals
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 10:56:01 PM »

Offline chubsetc

Re: Quartz flashes for manuals
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
I went from an IR flash for my manual to a quartz flash at the begiining of this year and would not want to go back.  First it is incredibly safe, if you have to walk away from the press there is no worry about burning a platen.  Second the consistency, no worry about over dwelling a shirt, very helpful on nylon and poly that can shrink with too long a dwell.  Then there's the fact that there is not heat-up time turn it on when your ready for the first shirt and go.

As for efficiency, if you are a small shop and wear all or most of the hats it takes to run a business like ours, there is no doubt in my mind a quatrz is more efficient than IR.  It is very rare I start a job am not pulled away from the press several times before the job is finished.  If you end up away from the press the quartz just sits there idle, the IR keeps crankin no matter if your at the press or not.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »
What flash did you go with?  The more I think about the more I think it would be a good fit for me.  I am usually alone with a helper coming in every once in awhile.  I kept track last week and there were a few times that my glas was on for over 6 hours straight.  For a $1750 investment I might try one of these out but really want to look around and see if I can fine something used that me fit better before I pull the trigger.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »
I have a 16x18 anatol rapid wave with an optical sensor.  It has been great.