Author Topic: OK I am game. This is for Bimmridder. Lets Talk DTS  (Read 13506 times)

Offline john52

• Verified/Junior
Re: OK I am game. This is for Bimmridder. Lets Talk DTS
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »
I don't know all of the particulars, but I believe Olec builds the unit that is being sold by Douthitt and Olec.  I believe this is also the unit formerly sold by Kiwo as the I-jet.  http://www.olec.com/DSI-CTS.html
I heard somewhere that the I-jet II is made by a company in Canada, but that's just what I remember hearing somewhere.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »
Richmond Graphic is their promoting their Direct Jet Pro as an affordable machine. But no technical data on their webpage.

All that John52 said who is producing what is correct. Olec is Manufacturer for Douthitt and Olec units, and unknown Canadians for I-Jet II, which I liked very much.

Any of these machines will bring busy shop to new level. Also the original I-Jets and Olec's DSI-CTS. 

Most of the time we  screenprinters use slightly outdated technology if compared to other printers.

I still remember my first trade show.  It was DRUPA in 1995, and it's biggest printing trade show in Europe that really gathers all big names in printing industry. Heidelberg had one medium sized building just for themselves. Anyway, one experienced, kind exhibitor took time to talk a lot to me, total rookie then. He described screen printing as poor cousin of printing family.

Offline DouglasGrigar

• Can you test, repeat, and measure it? fact or not?
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 11:53:04 PM »
He described screen printing as poor cousin of printing family.

Sometimes that feels like red-headded step-child.
When there are no standards, you must make them!

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 04:59:50 AM »
I don't know all of the particulars, but I believe Olec builds the unit that is being sold by Douthitt and Olec.  I believe this is also the unit formerly sold by Kiwo as the I-jet.  http://www.olec.com/DSI-CTS.html
I heard somewhere that the I-jet II is made by a company in Canada, but that's just what I remember hearing somewhere.

To bad OLEC has anything to do with it. OLEC sucks. Great lamps but lousy customer service.. if you can call it that. Check their website, more than half of the email addresses on the website bounce. OLEC just seems sketchy at best.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline BorisB

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 06:49:40 AM »
He described screen printing as poor cousin of printing family.

Sometimes that feels like red-headded step-child.

way funnier analogy!  ;D

and my hair was more than once covered  in GNS super red

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 08:20:30 AM »
As far as service, you're right, Olec doesn't have any. Both Kiwo and Douthitt have good and reliable service people.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 04:24:02 PM »
So what are the Richmond units going for?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 04:41:18 PM »
So what are the Richmond units going for?
I want to say their normal machine was $70k and their entry levels were $40-$50k.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 04:56:02 PM »
So Sonny, I'm curious what your thought are on the whole CTS thing...since you asked.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »
He thinks they are awesome.

That's my guess anyway.

If somebody came out with a $10-$15,000 machine, they would sell the piss out of it.  As long as it wasn't a hunk of junk like the one that US Screen tried.

Heck, I say this like I know what I am doing, but it shouldn't be THAT hard to make one.  People make DTG machines, so why not a CTS machine?  Same concept, different substrate.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 07:29:35 PM »
One small difference would be the head,at least on mine.The Douthitt and Kiwo use a wax, not an ink or dye.
Barth Gimble

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »
Ahh, I was wondering how the ink stuck. 

Offline BorisB

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »

If somebody came out with a $10-$15,000 machine, they would sell the piss out of it.  As long as it wasn't a hunk of junk like the one that US Screen tried.

Heck, I say this like I know what I am doing, but it shouldn't be THAT hard to make one.  People make DTG machines, so why not a CTS machine?  Same concept, different substrate.

I found them expensive too. Then i tried to find flatbed ink jet that prints on sheets. They were all too big and as a consequence too expensive. Too  bad  Mimaki's UJF-706 wasn't out then. It's definitely worth to try it out for printing on screens. All you need to do is buy the right ink. No spreading on emulsion, fast drying and superb UV blocking properties.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »
Sonny, I was just glancing at some numbers I track, and one is how often I add wax to the I-Jet. I also track numbers of screens imaged per day. I'm coming up with an average of 350 screens per cube of wax. This comes out to ten cents per screen in wax. Now, the image areas vary widely from infant size prints to adult full front, so I can only give you an average. I thought this number might be something you'd like to have. My usual disclaimer:  These are numbers in my shop, with my equipment, in my systems. Your results may vary. Anything else Sonny?
Barth Gimble

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
Just as a FYI our i-image does about 150 23X31 screens per day and the ink cost is averaging .07 per screen. The i-image sells for $39,995.
Rich Hoffman