Author Topic: OK I am game. This is for Bimmridder. Lets Talk DTS  (Read 13514 times)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Re: OK I am game. This is for Bimmridder. Lets Talk DTS
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
And everything I've seen with the i-image is great. When we bought the I-jet, I think the i-image was still in its infancy. I'd certainly look at it if I was buying now. There are others I wouldn't look at if they were free.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »
Just as a FYI our i-image does about 150 23X31 screens per day and the ink cost is averaging .07 per screen. The i-image sells for $39,995.

Rich can you get us some more info on it?

What type of ink is it and what are the screen sizes/prices for different models. How fast is it? And anything else you'd like to throw in.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 12:17:47 PM »
We had the 19th I-Screen made I think is what I was told and we love it. It took a while to figure out. That was a rough job for me for a while, but now we crank out 150+ screen a day on it. We also bought a tri-lite cts at the same time and now are burning 4 screens at a time in about 18 seconds. We hired 2 more artists just to keep up (now we have 11 total)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
Sonny, I was just glancing at some numbers I track, and one is how often I add wax to the I-Jet. I also track numbers of screens imaged per day. I'm coming up with an average of 350 screens per cube of wax. This comes out to ten cents per screen in wax. Now, the image areas vary widely from infant size prints to adult full front, so I can only give you an average. I thought this number might be something you'd like to have. My usual disclaimer:  These are numbers in my shop, with my equipment, in my systems. Your results may vary. Anything else Sonny?
Nope.  Sounds like this subject was pretty well discussed.  On to a new project that some know about.  More news in the next couple of weeks.  Look for a new post in .....
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2011, 05:26:38 PM »
Here's another great thing about CTS. In our market, we do a lot of playoff and championship printing. It's very common to have a number of "If Win" orders lurking on desk tops. A few days ago, we started the day with a normal schedule, and by 9:00 AM we had 15 "We won" orders that had to print and ship that day. We knew these were possible, so the art was all done and approved. All we had to do was make the screens, print, and ship. I think if we would have had to make film, it may have been less likely that we would have finished all of them. It was a little tough, but we got all of them done, plus the days schedule, too. Just one of those intangibles that may be over looked.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA