Author Topic: MacBook and Coreldraw......  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Printhouse

MacBook and Coreldraw......
« on: September 27, 2012, 02:52:26 AM »
I just picked up a MacBook Pro yesterday and loaded VMware torun Coreldraw.  Hs anyone else her had any experience with run Corel on a Mac?  I would love to pick the brain of someone who has been through it!

Offline inkbrigade

MacBook and Coreldraw......
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:02:30 AM »
If your running it on VMware it's the same as using it on windows... Cuz you are :)
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Printhouse

Re: MacBook and Coreldraw......
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:01:07 AM »
I did load vmware last night and transferred over all my files and programs.  The only thing I don't like when using foremost through it is that is leaves about 1.5 inches o am both sides of the program.  There may be a way to stretch it all the way across.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 08:14:34 AM »
I tried stretching to fill up the extra space but it throws the resolution off in windows and looks blurry, what you have to do if you want to is maximize VM to the whole screen.
"No man is an island"

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:02 AM »
You can do that?  I will mess with it a little today.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »
Over on the right upper corner of VM (not windows) is a diagonal double arrow icon, click that and it maximizes the window to full screen, to get out of it hit escape key.
"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 11:09:36 AM »
Mike, are you getting around in your Mac better than at the beginning?

I unpacked mine last weekend, but I had to put it away again due to the stuff I'm doing in the living room. That area is right above where my Mac was sitting.
The little bit I worked on it, it seemed a lot faster that I'm used to. And that 27" screen looked really BIG.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:01 AM »
My mac is slower than my previously built PC, but to be fair it was an absolute power house. Tho I have to admit the slightly slower speed is made up for in pure stability. Since installing VM and running Corel in it not once ever have i had Corel crash ever. On PC Corel crashes daily never fails, and that is any PC I ever ran corel on. Mac just seems to be better at handling conflicts.

I am still struggling with a lot of the fundamentals between the two OS's but I am getting there. My biggest issue right now is for some reason Mac is throttling the RAM alloted to windows. It seems to limit it somewhere around 2 gigs, which is almost exactly what windows needs just to run. I am trying to figure out how to change RAM allotment and plan on calling VM because it just doesn't seem right and I suspect something is amiss.

I still cant run all of the peripherals out of windows because for some reason they all conflict with each other and the ports.
"No man is an island"

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:07:17 PM »
I ended up changing the resolution so now the full screen looks great.  I am not sold on the Mac quite yet.  I am just used to 25 years of PC.  Seeing that I run corel for most of my artwork right now I am still getting used to the set up on the VM software.  I will give it a little time and see how it goes.  I also bought this Macbook for portability so I only bought the 13.3 inch.....    not quite as easy as my 17 PC laptop that I am used too.  This is nice to carry around though and still gets the job done.  Most work will be done on the shop desktop running dual 24 inch monitors anyways so this is just backup while I am away from the office.  I am sure that I will slowly get used to using it but I can tell you after today I was ready to sell it and go buy a new PC laptop!