Author Topic: Printing on Poly Athletic Shorts?  (Read 2970 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Printing on Poly Athletic Shorts?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 08:18:45 PM »
In that vein, do any of you flash to shrink the fabric a bit first?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Action1

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
scobey and others...even with the hold down does it move slightly? or is it right on?

There is still some slight movement to the top layer when using a hold down. The way that it keeps the material in place is by putting tension on the the top layer. However, there is sufficient tension to hold the layer still during printing.

Offline Croft

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »
those Jigs look great but the initial investment is huge , Ive looked at them a couple of times and can't bring myself to spending $3.00 to  $400 per head.
Ive done transfers in the past and they work well , 550 wouldn't take that long and you could have  someone with no printing exp. work on them while your printer keeps printing.

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »
We run ours on the manuel 4x4.  Co-workers loads and prints the first coat. Staion 2 flash. Station 3 cool.  Station second coat of ink and remove and put on the belt.

We have done as many as 300 in 3 hours. 

We cut all of our boards (circle boards and sub boards) from sink centers.  A friend of mine has a cabinet shop and gives them to me for free.

Yes, every once in a while one will move.  So much of it is poly , we do not pre-shirink.
Quality over Quantity

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »
I flashed before printing while loading.  Added an extra round, but when I didn't pre-flash I'd occasionally have an edge draw up.