Poll

What PRINT OFF option would you like to see?

#1,  All three shops use the same setup.
3 (33.3%)
#2,  Use a 6 color manual, 8 color auto and a 12 color auto.
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: PRINT OFF for Sim process  (Read 4509 times)

Offline killergraphics

Re: PRINT OFF for Sim process
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 12:57:18 PM »
My guys do not know what PMS is unless they are at home.

I do a good bit of sim process. I do do (pun intended) most of my own seps.

And if you have looked at any of my samples it works for my market.
www.myTguys.com

I can print most jobs with
stock ink.
white 1 reg 1 poly. Even on a poly shirt I use reg inks on top of the poly ink.
traffic and kelly green
2 different reds brite and flag
4 blues That I mix, powder blue, 1 that I take up and down just under royal, royal and navy.
3 browns
aqua
lemon yellow
ath gold
orange
a couple grays that I mix
and 2 different blacks.

I'm sure I left something out, But all the rest of the colors are made in the sep.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:05:22 PM by killergraphics »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 11:31:05 AM »
It looks to be that we are going the route of various press types and colors.

I think the next step is for me to be able to send out one image that is then gread to your specific press.  I would love to show results on a 6 color auto and a 6 color manual.

I will do a 6 color and a 10 color Sep. I think it's not so extreme to see a 7 color next to a 6 color.
I provide the seps and then you use whatever inks you normally use in your shop.

Required consistentcy;
 mesh size, halftone count, screen angle, dot shape, Garment color, garment brand,# of colors being either 6 or 10

Once I announce the art being ready, I will get confirmation as to who is committed to sending printed results and I will send out seps.

You MUST send in a printed sample.

Thanks
Dan
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
I've been out of town for a while and just now saw this thread.  I'd be very interested in doing something like this. I'm assuming it's going to be on darks?  I'll go back and re-read the first couple posts to see if I missed that so don't answer me if it's been talked about.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.