Author Topic: SWF VS TAJIMA/BARUDAN  (Read 4942 times)

Offline evilcaps

• Verified/Junior
SWF VS TAJIMA/BARUDAN
« on: September 24, 2012, 11:00:37 AM »
I have always worked on Tajimas and Barudans,  but I have never seen a SWF in action, have anyone tried to compare finished emb,  SWF VS Tajima/Barudan,  I'm in the need to add another machine to the shop, I was thinking in an SWF, people say good things about it.

Thanks

www.evilcaps.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: SWF VS TAJIMA/BARUDAN
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:10:58 AM »
I have always worked on Tajimas and Barudans,  but I have never seen a SWF in action, have anyone tried to compare finished emb,  SWF VS Tajima/Barudan,  I'm in the need to add another machine to the shop, I was thinking in an SWF, people say good things about it.

Thanks

www.evilcaps.com

We have 11 SWF Heads.  Price is good, quality is good, service is a little hit and miss, but the machines are really reliable.  I have seen SWF machines sew amazing, I have seen Tajimas sew like crap, and vice versa and everywhere in between.  I think the machines are all capable of great work, I think some machines probably require more work to get the same result, and I think that operator/software is every bit as important or even more important than the machine.  So comparing X/Y/Z sew outs from X/Y/Z machines just keep in context that you could be comparing a pro to a rookie or whatever.

Gallery of our work here: 
http://www.graphicdisorder.com/gallery/display.php?t=bycat&q=29&nr=410&st=0&upto=24&p=1
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:34:56 PM »
I run an SWF.  it's a good machine.  especially for the price.  I liken it to a Hyundai.  They are a Korean knockoff of a Japanese machine.

There aren't as many techs out there, so get good at fixing it yourself.  It's not hard, except for the trimmers.  that's a pain.

brandt is right, I have seen our machine put out work that a tajima would be jealous of, I've also seen tajima work that I laughed at.  Most of it is the operator.

That being said, Tajima and Barudan are what I consider 1st class, SWF is in the 2nd class.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 12:53:19 PM »

That being said, Tajima and Barudan are what I consider 1st class, SWF is in the 2nd class.

All things equal (software/operator/etc) I fully agree with that. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »
but hey, we still make durn good money off ours.  my biggest regret is not going more heads

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
but hey, we still make durn good money off ours.  my biggest regret is not going more heads

No doubt about it.  We already are looking at more machines.  Another 4 head would be nice. 

Offline evilcaps

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 09:59:07 AM »
cool!

Thanks guys!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »

No doubt about it.  We already are looking at more machines.  Another 4 head would be nice.

Same here. Crazy how I did not realize how much embroidery I was turning away because I did not want to outsource the little stuff. Time to get more heads.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin