Author Topic: I am AMAZINGLY bad at coating screens  (Read 17352 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I am AMAZINGLY bad at coating screens
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »
Alan FYI the hydraulic shock can be purchased at any auto supply shop. The rest is just some welding. It's best to mount it to the wall.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2012, 03:09:02 PM »
I am looking in to trying a different water resistant diazo emulsion, so I am on the manufacturers website checking the specs. When I get to the instructions section... low and behold, an illustration of someone coating a screen using one hand. Just saying. ;)

...the more you guys get to know me the more you will find i love to joke around, laughter keeps me young on the inside.
Dale Hoyal

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »
Ok, tried the two hand method again today, now I know why I stayed with the way I was taught. Strength may play a factor in the 1 hander, but man did I make a mess going two hand technique lol  >:(. I went to harbor freight a few years back and bought a saw horse. The top of it has two, actual 4, I only use the two, plastic holders that you would clamp something in. I butt the frame against them to keep it square and in place, and swipe, swipe, flip and swipe, clean and even all the time. I'm sure I could get the two hander down pact, but if it ain't broke, why fix it right! Excited to have my Richmond Screen Maker back up and running, never a pinhole with that bad boy. Went with the 7k bulb this time instead of the 10k. Honestly, there is no time difference in exposing. I went with the 7k since it's an older machine and the extra draw of the larger bulb on it was giving an issue, All good now thought. Those units Rok!!!! I use Chroma blue for plastisol and Ulano 925 wr for discharge, love the combo!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »
Alan FYI the hydraulic shock can be purchased at any auto supply shop. The rest is just some welding. It's best to mount it to the wall.

I was looking at your contraption there Tony and telling the wife... I really need to learn how to weld... and get a welding machine. ;)

My problem is that I want one with a generator built onto it and I think those are mainly stick welders... I've tried my hand at that when I was a kid.  LOL  I'm worse at stick welding than coating screens!