Author Topic: Gloves are off...Anatol  (Read 8248 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Gloves are off...Anatol
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »
Well at least it is moving along.  Let us know how it shakes out.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
The problem is not the weld guys. The problem is that the tubing is to thin where the stress point is. If you look closely you will see it broke right next to the weld like it should. It is a design flaw not a welders error. If you weld it back up it will probably break like that again.

That sucks for you man.

You are right probably but a welder could fill it in where strength will be needed. Or at the least the welder should recognize a weak point and ask the engineers to alter the material.

I would add a gusset and it should be fine. I hope they make it right.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
I assume they contacted you shortly after this thread opened?  You don't have to give details but does it sound like they are serious or just want this thread to be gone?

They did.  I emailed them this morning, knew what would likely happen regarding an actual addressing of the issue and decided to post here and see if I could get this taken care of.  It worked I guess, they were aware of the post and, understandably, upset.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease but sometimes you need to amplify the squeak. 

I have been in contact with them since we received the machine but it's been extremely slow trying to troubleshoot, weeks and weeks between waiting for parts, etc., hence the lag.  In early July I finally said "okay I give up, let's talk about other options beside parts replacement and modifications".  Today we had that discussion finally. 

It's true, what you saw in that pic will inevitably happen on all heads, there's no easy fix for this press at this point unfortunately so we worked out another solution.  Again, I'll request this deleted if there is an actual resolution.

Thanks for all the offers of help.  My only concern is timelines with sending this machine out and getting another one in without being pressless. 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 05:33:48 PM »
I expressed concerns to an email to Anatol as they are trying to sell me a press. In the email they acknowledge the problems they have but didn't really offer much comfort wise to me except that Randy at the OTS handles there service out here in Cali which is good cause i heard good things about them and then i hear about your manual press problem and it taking a year or more to get resolved and its still not resolved so it makes you wonder what there plan on improving is, if any.

Offline inkstain

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about at Zoocity.
I can feel your pain somewhat.  I've had a dryer from them for a few years now and have had fuse issues, having to replace them a bunch of times, which aint cheap.  Was told to take some pictures and send to them, did.  Never heard back from them, this is months and months ago.  I've moved on, won't buy from them again.  Hope it all works out for the better for you.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 06:57:29 PM »
I will talk to the other two stoogies, but I would be inclined to leave the post up and lock it up. Any resolution and action they complete should be posted so other ppl know that in the end it was taken care of. But if what you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt, but would like to have Anatol post their side of the story too) it is just stating what happened. Anatol will have to fess up and step up to the plate. As many here have mentioned, they could do sooooo well, but just need another step or two. Maybe this turns into an incentive. 'would love to be looking at this post a couple of years back and thinking about the amazing leap they have done recently. we'll see. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 07:23:39 PM »
I will talk to the other two stoogies, but I would be inclined to leave the post up and lock it up. Any resolution and action they complete should be posted so other ppl know that in the end it was taken care of. But if what you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt, but would like to have Anatol post their side of the story too) it is just stating what happened. Anatol will have to fess up and step up to the plate. As many here have mentioned, they could do sooooo well, but just need another step or two. Maybe this turns into an incentive. 'would love to be looking at this post a couple of years back and thinking about the amazing leap they have done recently. we'll see. . .

pierre

Sounds good to me but I'm not sure if it would really behoove Anatol to post a side of the story, I don't think it would help them look any better and I certainly have no desire to get into any sort of internet pissing match, nor to drum up other disgruntled customers here.  That's up to them though if they want to reply here or not.

Yes, I made this public as I had to prod them into actual action on this but, now that I have, I think they could have one more chance to resolve it and let it be between the two of us and not some public spectacle.

So what might be better is if we 86'd this post when they successfully resolved the issue and I then made an entirely separate post commending them for eventually taking care of a situation with a piece of their equipment.  Like a clean start for them here, aside from the rumblings buried within other posts.

I would love to see them take the opportunity to turn things around and be a little better at what they do, that's why I was patient and helpful to my full capacity in trying to fix this machine over the last year.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 11:24:02 PM »
Hope Anatol does you right. Poor engineering on their part.
Dale Hoyal

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »
If this was an isolated case I'd be in favor of taking it down once a resolution was reached, but unfortunately this is a trend.  I think some of you are being way too nice and in the end it will excuse the poor, poor, did I mention very poor customer service if this is swept under the rug.  For years now I've said the same thing that some of you have said about them, they are very close to being a great manufacturer, but they fall short over and over again in important areas and it's been known by everyone in the industry.  The fact that it's known by them and the problem has not gotten better over the last few years tells me something.  I for one, would love to see them change for the better and I think a public challenge like this might be the only way to do it.  The vast majority of posts that I've saved about manufacturers' poor service is about them, and it's not because I'm discriminating, I save all the ones I come across.  I know this will influence potential buyers but shouldn't it?  If we never talked about the blatantly obvious examples of poor service then others will continue to get hurt, when it could have been prevented or at least brought up during the buying process.  It could also serve as a tool to convince them they need to do better, or continue to lose deals.  Like I said, if this was one of just a few unfortunate issues that fall through the cracks then I'd have a different view, but this has happened to too many recently.  And the number of people that actually talk about it on industry forums is very low to the actual number of people that it happens to.  The vast majority of screen printers never visit or participate on these forums.

I've given my opinion on whether or not this thread should stay, and I've gone back and forth on it but this is my official stance on it.  Maybe a year or two from now we can look back on this and say that it was an example of the old Anatol, the new version is far superior.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »
I agree with Alan. Our industry needs some policing and the only way to do is for people to communicate it. For those that do not have a lot of friends in the business they will never know about a shady company if it were not for forums on the internet. In this day and age you have to use the internet to your advantage. If you are truly being wronged by a business that has a reputation for poor customer service then you should be able to vent away as long as it is factual and can be proven.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 12:01:12 PM »
On another note, if I were a shop that has some red equipment I'd be all over my rep about fixing this stuff.  I'm not telling Darryl or Donnie what to do by any means, I'm just saying that it's what I would do in that situation.  They have been done ok by Anatol from all accounts so maybe it seems out of place to get involved and I can see that perspective and respect it as well.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
I thought that I had better weigh in on this issue.
Not the issue of Anatol service of lack thereof per se, but rather whether this thread should remain.

For years, I had a cordial, even friendly relationship with Paul at Anatol. We had mutual foes, similar industry concerns, we both had enough time on our hands to play on forums and become "board buddies"
This January I had the pleasure of meeting him in person, and allowed him to take me to lunch.  ;D
When TSB began, Anatol was on board, and even took advantage of a complimentary Banner.

When Shanarchy starting having problems with the used Anatol he got from Bill Miller, it appeared that the installation was at fault. I dropped a friendly note to Paul, in the hopes that Anatol would offer some advice if nothing else.
Unfortunately, the equivalent of digital text crickets chirping was what I received.
When Tony P brought up some issues of lack of service on presses in a new shop, I once again dropped a note to Anatol with a heads up, and suggested possibly addressing it here. I always assume that even polite constructive criticism is welcome by most enlightened souls.
Once again, crickets.
I have been contacted two or three times by a sales rep new to my area, and conversational as I am, I mentioned my concerns to him that Anatol was developing a less-than-flattering reputation on this issue, and he may want to pass the information up the chain of command.
I have to say, though it saddens me, that apparently what you see here, is what you get.

I wish that it wasn't so.

That said, I don't feel that this thread is mere bashing, but valuable information that can both help guide printers in their purchases, and help an otherwise good company see where they need to improve to become even better.
If I was the man behind Anatol, I'd welcome this input.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:43:13 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »
IMO Anatols higher end presses are as well made as they are expensive. However:
On a 12 color Vindicator the install tech failed to set the table lift high enough causing side to side reg issues. We had to re-set this (digitally) and of course had to re-set off contact and re-level the press. (The install person is on these boards but I won't name names)

On an entry level Trident the tech simply did not understand what part of the indexer needed replacing. I finally brought in a couple of machine repair/welders who had never seen an auto before (he called it the Red Spider). They removed the indexer and not only replaced the part but improved it's design by making it stronger.

Later on that same Trident all, and I mean all, the 1/8" air lines were blowing holes daily. Went to a local Hose and Gasket Co and they hooked me up with a better (American Made) product and we were down for a day replumbing the entire machine.

Lastly about 8 ys ago I called for a tech and was told they could not take calls as they were at a Trade Show.

Sadly Anatol was of no help in any of these situations. That said I've met Paul and he's a great no pressure kind of guy and just scratch my head about all of this. Perhaps it's the "We don't make money in Parts and Service." mentality which may come from Mr. Anatol  himself.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »
Dang Tony, I wouldn't consider a Trident in any form "entry level" haha.  What was the deal with the indexer?  Servo or air?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
Perhaps not but it is made with cheaper parts (from what I've been told). A respected industry machine CEO informed me that they tested that same foreign air line and found it not suitable though cheaper. He even offered to replace it with his brand free of charge but I figured I'd save that favor for another day!
It was a servo/pneumatic hybrid.