Author Topic: Optical cutting with the GX-24  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Optical cutting with the GX-24
« on: October 04, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »
We are at a complete loss here on how this is supposed to work.

With our Graphtec we drew our cut lines in Illustrator, added reg marks with the plug in and then printed then cut right there from Illustrator (cutting via the plug-in).  It red the reg marks and then cut according to the cut line that we drew in illustrator.

Now we got the GX-24 hooked up and are looking to learn the print and cut side of it and I'm slapped in the face with this "Image outline" tool that "auto finds" the edges for you.  This is useless depending on the design.  I mean, I can make a work around but why should I have to?

Am I just missing something here?  Is there not a way to bring in some cut lines AND image from illustrator and just do it?

I'm about to have a GX-24 for sale if this is how it works.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Optical cutting with the GX-24
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »
Made a couple calls... end result is it seems that Roland's software is just WAY behind graphtec and probably anyone else doing optical cutting.

So... Looks like my new (to me) cutter is going to go on the market as soon as I find a replacement cutter at least 24" (since I now have 24" rolls of vinyl that won't fit on my old Graphtec.)