Author Topic: Chaparral Auto  (Read 1461 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Chaparral Auto
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:18:29 AM »
Holy crap, anyone remember these guys? I believe Workhorse bought them out a decade ago. Have a chance at buying an 8 color auto for dirt cheap. Really don't want to! We are fine with M&R but if someone was to tell me they really are good presses I would be intrested. But parts? Service? Any horror stories out there?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Chaparral Auto
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:36:55 AM »
Chaparral was bought by workhorse. Not sure in the year. They don't make that brand anymore. I have seen lots of manual presses and dryers but only one auto. Call workhorse. I am sure workhorse can help with parts. Parts would not scare me about the press it would be how it works and if its worth the time dealing with a press that old. Even if it was free you still have to drop money to move it and get it back together.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 11:55:07 AM »
Call Winston.  904-343-0848
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »
Awesome. Thanks guys. Again, really don't want it but if its next to free and it is local and fairly good running condition and works with our roller frame size why not. Just use it for simple low color jobs or the big runs of like one colors. Ill call Workhorse this week. Sorry I am out of the loop - who is Winston?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 02:34:24 PM »
Awesome. Thanks guys. Again, really don't want it but if its next to free and it is local and fairly good running condition and works with our roller frame size why not. Just use it for simple low color jobs or the big runs of like one colors. Ill call Workhorse this week. Sorry I am out of the loop - who is Winston?

Winston (californiadreamin), along with Brian (binkspot) is one of this forum's resident equipment techs, with a long history in the industry. Long enough to remember some of these antique presses from when they were new.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:02:22 AM »
Side clamp press. Should hold roller frames. Air indexer if I remember correctly.