Author Topic: Lanyards  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Lanyards
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
Anyone ever print these? I got approached by a guy that is marketing these to the auto industry and was wondering if I could print these. Probably 2000 or so at a time. If I could figure out how to lay them out I can probably print about 16 at a time which would make it run fairly fast if I have someone loading them while I print. Thinking about a cardboard template that I would lay on top of the platen, print and send the whole thing down the dryer.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Lanyards
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »
Lining up 16 at a time to fairly tight specs (1/8" or so?) would be really difficult.

Most folks will tell you to sub it out, and I'd likely agree. They're probably printed flexo style, IE
one long roll that gets chopped down and sewn.

In my younger years I would have figured out how to do it on a flatstock press, one at a time.
500/hr is easy, just make sure you charge enough.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »
We get transfers from FM and heat press them. We can line up about ten in the heat press and do a bunch at a time. Just have to watch if they have plastic clips or buckles as not to melt them.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 04:07:17 PM »
Did you qualify the client on how much he had budgeted for the lanyards? be a shame to spend a bunch of time figuring this out and come to find he wants them for $0.80 ea..... I know we can get 2000qty made up off shore for far less than i could even begin to print them in house.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:19:20 PM »
A while back I saw some videos on YouTube.....

I get mine from www.jianlanyards.com

There are some still photo on their website.....