Author Topic: Question for Anatol Titan and Horizon Mini owners.  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Question for Anatol Titan and Horizon Mini owners.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
3Deep has a Horizon Mini.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
I have a mini horizon. It's not a bad press, it has some nice features. You lose appx 3" in the front and 6" in the back. I use Newman's in mine. Even though they list the max screen width as 20", the 21" fits without any issues. I use 21x26 frames for bigger designs. The screens are pretty tight though, but you get used to it. I am liking the idea of cutting my squeegees to 14" as well.

All in all, if I were to do it again I would get a full size. But if you don't print anything too crazy in size (which I don't) and you are limited on space, it's a nice press. It will just limit you a little with bigger prints and it's a little tighter with the squeegee floodbar set up than a normal press.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
Question was how large of a print can you get on a 20x24 frame, first I,m going to say no on the 16 wide useless you want to tear up frames (although I know of a guy that sez he prints 16 wide on one) now 14 wide yes and if you angle your squeege just right you can get a 15 high print on a 20x24 and a 18" high print on a 20x28 if platens will take it.  On a 20 x 24 screen frame you need to start your art at 3 1/2 down from the top of the screen if your using regular squeegies (bevel squeegee you can go 2" down because they go vertical).  3 1/2 is the magic number where this 6" on ethier side come from I don't know about, all my squeegeeies are cut to 14" wide cause I think 16 is just to wide to fit a 20x24 frame,maybe roller frames will handle them with no problems.  Most of my prints are 12 1/2 x 13 and thats on the 20x24 frames if I need to go bigger I use the 20 x 28 which I can get up to 13 1/2 x 16.

Darryl

Hey 3Deep, how old is your Mini? I MUST be doing something waaaaaaaaaaay wrong, 18" is not something we have ever been able to do on ours.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 11:02:47 AM »
To correct myself not a full 18 but close enough and that is using the bevel squeegie my platen are 16 x 22, I can get 16 inch prints with any squeegie on the 20 x 28 frames.  I can move one side of my frame hangers over some which will alot for a wider screen, but I don't think they make a 21 or 22 wide screen standard.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!