Author Topic: The cow jumped over the moon initial rough sketch  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
The cow jumped over the moon initial rough sketch
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »
Quick rough to the customer.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: The cow jumped over the moon initial rough sketch
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:13:03 PM »
I think you will make it look better if the cow was smaller. The two elements now are fighting too much.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:17:56 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
you'll get no milk from that cow LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »
I think you will make it look better if the cow was smaller. The two elements now are fighting too much.

Your on to something, but switch it. The focus is to be in the Cow do. I'll make the cow larger.  Oh? You say that's not feasible?   Neither is a skeleton cow jumping over a moon. Let alone how big it is. Lol.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »
I think make the cow bigger, put his front legs out, like he's in mid-leap.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »
Yes,  I thought about that.  I might try it again but would need to re-work the leg and I got lazy once it was done.

I masked off the back leg to set it behind the moon and put the front right leg in front of the moon to identify some depth but it just wasn't enough. So yes. your right, but I'd need to re-draw the legs but for speed, I just sent this and can change it later if approved. Currently, the customer loved it but waiting on his customers response.

Thanks guys.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 10:42:54 AM »
Something about the moon is odd, I think its the bottom part it looks like a melon or something. Just my opinion.
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »
It will be easier to notice once complete but it's intended to (represent) a mouth of sorts. Like a skull face in the moon. Couple eye openings and nose above that area. Trying to hide it within the texture of the moon. Don't want it to be standing out obvious but also semi recognizable.