Author Topic: American Rototex Autos.....  (Read 11749 times)

Offline Printhouse

Re: American Rototex Autos.....
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
We have been pretty busy so working on ours was slow for awhile.  We have a relay timer out we believe.  It sets the dwell time for the ndexer.  I am ordering a new one this week for aero-inc.   Bill is a super guy to deal with.  The main base is going to the paint booth next door on Monday to be restored back to a nice cream.  The heads on mine had just about every micro switch sticking periodically so they will be replace this week also.  I have the full schematic if you would like it.  Now that I have restored the number one head I know the parts pretty darn well and would be happy to help answer any questions.  I have really learned a ton about these this past few months.  The simplicity is very appealing to me and for the type of printing I do it will fit in great.  Mine is a 4/8 also.  I am looking for more parts to make it a 6/8 eventually.  I love this press for the money I have in it.

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2013, 04:11:48 PM »
I bolted the 4 heads back on it at noon today and sent my serial number to GPI so I'm hoping to get a schematic from them, but if you have one on an efile that would be great. I might be picking your brain from time to time if you don't mind... overall mine seems to be in pretty good shape but looks can be deceiving. But for an 87 model (I think) it's ok.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 08:13:04 PM »
There is not much to them.  Mine needed a lot of little things replaced like the rubber dampers for the motors. 

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2013, 08:22:35 PM »
I looked through my stuff and found that I do have the schematics and some documentation for
an Auto-Rototex 2. Should be the same as the regular rototex, just with air.

Gladly send it to someone with the caveat that the scan it and post it online somewhere.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2013, 09:48:39 PM »
I would be more than happy to do that.  I think that these presses are great and could help out a lot of printers that can use a basic level press to move into the auto world.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2013, 09:49:19 PM »
LarryK....  PM me your email and I can forward you the schematic right away.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2013, 10:04:57 PM »
Schematic is on its way!  Let me  know if you have any questions.  I blew mine up at staples to the size of a poster.  I then started at the plug and checked each wire and connection with a multimeter.  As they checked out I highlighted them in green.  I have this schematic just about memorized!