Author Topic: Okay, I want a real cad-cut guru. None of these folks like that Frog dude!  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Okay, I want a real cad-cut guru. None of these folks like that Frog dude!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »
I just called my buddy Tom, and told him about the thread here. Hopefully, if needed, he will have more specific answers because, as I just told him, someday it will one one of his jobs that screws up. Go figure, so far, it's always mine :(
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 06:31:48 PM »
I would have flipped that art vertically before cutting putting the smaller more intricate cuts on the other end to avoid buckling near the end of the roll. I can effectively get 13.8 out of 15" rolls without a buckling issue near the cut end of the the roll. The material is rippling near the edge during cutting causing the incomplete circles and irregular shapes.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 02:04:58 PM »
Is the offset correct. I know my mimaki is at .25. I never change it. I would also try slowing down the cutter as well. I've had 2 materials that would do this, both from stahls and it was always intermiten. I just stopped using those materials. I would also cut in shorter sections. maybe only 20" or so at a time. I never cut more than a 1000mm of material, usually 500mm

Offline Croft

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 10:55:19 AM »
between the stahls and siser i use the stahls thermofilm has a heavier backer and lays flat on my cutter ( roland ) but the siser seems to buckle a bit , this may be a blade pressure problem on my part but there is a wave around the blade, also if the material is left on the machine over night or for a couple days you can really see it.