Author Topic: Frankenstorm....  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Texas Slick

• Verified/Junior
Re: Frankenstorm....
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
Really feel for you guys and gals. I lived thru Rita and Ike and it ain't no fun. Good luck and hope all goes well.
Jimmy Sturrock aka Texas Slick

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
BATTERIES, FALSHLIGHTS, PROPANE FUEL, ICE, FOOD, GENERATORS  now look like empty places in retal markets.
If tee shirts kept people warm, fed & safe in bad weather we would all be rich.

New York city is going to basically be a ghost town by all reports everyone is being to be told to get the F  out....city busses are going to shut down in about 2 hours and tunnels leading out of the city will close later this afternoon trapping any one left behind in the inner city.

the predictions for long island  is not good with the ocean on one side and Long Island sound on the other side with no place for the water to go from the surge, the property values out there are HUGE

this could be a mega disaster in large metro areas not to mention us yankees learned NOTHING from katrina....hang on to your bloomers we are in for a big blow.
we are in central NY  far from the cityand the ocean  but in the path of the storm or so they say

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 11:58:54 AM »
well we were in Chicago for the weekend and our flight was cancelled for today...so we said...well f*ck it...took the rental back to Worcester....and Pierre the generous guy he is was opening his home to us at midnight to get some sleep...we didn't need it, but publicly THANK YOU Pierre that really meant a lot to me and my family....took 17 hrs door to door...not bad and now I am back at it getting ready for Sandy to hit full steam...

thanks P.

Sam

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 01:40:26 PM »
Just received notice from two suppliers that order shipping will be delayed till further notice. Also I have extra generator 4000 Watt I can let go @ cost if someone needs it. :)

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 11:18:20 AM »
Survived Sandy's big blow. It was fun, the wind was awesome sounded like a never ending freight train for hours. Our state got hammered really good especially along the shore, tho not near as bad as Jersey. 3 people died, sadly one was a fireman hit by a falling tree while riding in a fire truck.
"No man is an island"

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 07:47:04 AM »
These are some pictures of the town I grew up in, Sea Bright NJ. We had some bad storms but never like this. They are protected by a 20' high sea wall but when mother nature wants to come in there is no stopping her.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 09:25:30 AM »
I m in Ohio going on day 3 with no power, my generator is too small to run my dryer. Luckily my customers are without power so everything can wait a bit. I couldn't imagine how crazy it must be loosing everything.

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 12:11:42 PM »
Good luck you guys!  Customers can wait in the end, what is most important is your families and you are safe.  Hoping the power gets back on soon for all of you and that none of you suffered any major damage!!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
Finally got power back. South Jersey got it pretty bad. NYC got it bad also. Subways are closed for at least a week. My area (North Jersey), didn't get it too bad. Few uprooted trees, power was out for about 2 days. Nothing major. Finally back to work tomorrow.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 01:06:45 PM »
Problem we are having now is we cant get supplies because UPS is not working in our part of the state, supposed to be up and running soon but no definite date yet.

Watched all the major networks last night on their coverage of the storm, they seriously pissed me off because they talked and showed all the firemen and first responders doing their thing in places like NYC and Jersey, but not once ever did they mention the one fireman killed in the whole storm. He was here in CT a tree fell on the firetruck he was in on the way to a call and died.

The other thing both MSNBC and FOX politicalized the storm any way they could, it was sickening to watch.
"No man is an island"

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »
Problem we are having now is we cant get supplies because UPS is not working in our part of the state, supposed to be up and running soon but no definite date yet.

Watched all the major networks last night on their coverage of the storm, they seriously pissed me off because they talked and showed all the firemen and first responders doing their thing in places like NYC and Jersey, but not once ever did they mention the one fireman killed in the whole storm. He was here in CT a tree fell on the firetruck he was in on the way to a call and died.

The other thing both MSNBC and FOX politicalized the storm any way they could, it was sickening to watch.

Hey dude..if you need anything you can always send it to me and we can meet halfway? or something like that...

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 01:36:48 PM »
im in albany ny..

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 01:40:18 PM »

It was sickening to watch.  I kept turning on the news to see any storm updates etc... and they kept showing Romney picking up the last box from the ground for some relief effort to put on a truck and all the flashing lights from the cameras at the same time.  I gave up and finally went back to the computer to read about  it online instead. 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 03:00:58 PM »

It was sickening to watch.  I kept turning on the news to see any storm updates etc... and they kept showing Romney picking up the last box from the ground for some relief effort to put on a truck and all the flashing lights from the cameras at the same time.  I gave up and finally went back to the computer to read about  it online instead.

Yea one station was praising Romney and the other praising Obama. One was criticizing Obama and the other criticizing Romney.

Hey Whitewater we are all set, playing the shuffle game with orders but things are coming together finally, tho I had to air some supplies in ugh. Just hope UPS gets their act together by Friday.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »
Mike, I actually heard about that firefighter.  I am not sure where though, it was either TV or radio, not the internet.  It was covered, but not much.