Author Topic: question for the auto guys  (Read 3078 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: question for the auto guys
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »
Moose, back when all I had was a manual press my biggest thing was trying to keep the same print angle....I was working on a tool to fit my squeege in so I could keep the same angle and pressure during printing never finish it though got an auto LOL

Darryl

Hey Darryl,
Funny you mention that we have been thinking about the same kinda thing. Realistically I will Rube Goldberg up something because at this stage in my life there is no way there is an auto in my future.

Not sure which way to go with this first i need to better understand the squeegee dance on an auto :P

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 08:22:09 AM »
It's called a one armed bandit and used primarily for flat stock. Also someone made a semi-automatic attachment air operated I believe. Never really caught on.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 08:34:47 AM »
It's called a one armed bandit and used primarily for flat stock. Also someone made a semi-automatic attachment air operated I believe. Never really caught on.

I have seen that somewhere i think it actually came up on the boards here some time ago...possibly by you then also.
Actually I am not looking to automate the process but to bring some constant / consistant load to my manual printing.
Stupid things like this happen when you are alone all day with just a pile of tee shirts and Ozzie , Van Halen, Zeppelin modfing my mood 8)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »
Do you want a video of an auto flooding and printing from different angles?  I can do a vid of our press printing and just focus on the squeegee and floodbar from different points of view.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »
I found that on super long runs I was eventually operating like an automatic.

The PrintMate was the attachment that controlled angle/pressure. Looked cumbersome
at best.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »
Do you want a video of an auto flooding and printing from different angles?  I can do a vid of our press printing and just focus on the squeegee and floodbar from different points of view.

AW GEEZE ....Alan, that would be great if you can carve out some time.  any view of the squeegee would be great.
Primarily I am interested in the deflection on the squeegee blade as it contacts the screen then the blade profile as it travels up the screen.
Some time when you are running a typical job and can throw a camera down to look at it for me that would be great.
Thanks for the offer.
mooseman

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »
I'm waiting for the video shot with the GoPro, or similar camera, mounted on the carriage, giving a squeegee eye's view of the printing process up close and personal!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
I'm waiting for the video shot with the GoPro, or similar camera, mounted on the carriage, giving a squeegee eye's view of the printing process up close and personal!

hey Frog,
Funny you should mention that , with the new bag of ganja i have I have actually been thinking  about printing on a piece of plate glass in the usual tee shirt manual way with a video camera mounted below looking up.
i know what manual printing looks like from the top but from below ....a mystery and I am curious  ??? 
OK .....I have too much time on my hands :P
mooseman 

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 03:52:23 AM »
Moose, back when all I had was a manual press my biggest thing was trying to keep the same print angle....I was working on a tool to fit my squeege in so I could keep the same angle and pressure during printing never finish it though got an auto LOL

Darryl

Hey Darryl,
Funny you mention that we have been thinking about the same kinda thing. Realistically I will Rube Goldberg up something because at this stage in my life there is no way there is an auto in my future.

Not sure which way to go with this first i need to better understand the squeegee dance on an auto :P

mooseman

Guys I think this might be it. The M&R accu-stroke
http://www.mrprint.com/en/ProductOverview.aspx?id=100