Author Topic: Lost a print job today...  (Read 8435 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Lost a print job today...
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 10:31:27 AM »
F*CK. . you would wear a shirt with F*CK on it for MY kids to see? not cool at all. . .making a statement is one thing but that line is crossed right there.

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »
ok - printing it is one thing, you do it to make money. but who WEARS this thing? what type of white trash is going to walk around wearing a shirt w F*Ck on it?
a customer refered me to this person through Facebook. Her father is a cancer survivor and she is doing a fundraiser event this Saturday. The first image she sends me is the SU2C logo which is a big outfit and has copyrights all over the place. I tell her no I can do that but I well do something like it just change the wording and font.Remember she busted my nuts on price, needs them in her hands by Friday and wants them to be cool looking and not cheap looking... So after hooking her up at $3.55 per shirt printed and shipped to her she still complained about the price and then wanted to do a split order of the the two different images, different color shirts, color changes and a few one offs of a totally different image.  Then she sends me another image that says f*ck cancer with a Jolly Roger in place of the u, I told her no on the language and she didn't understand why not so I explained my business to her and she got totally bent that I brought religion into it and felt like I was insenuating that she and her family were bad people. 

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
I'm sorry aa, I apologize, I haven't had any coffee and I am friggen brutal today. . .holy smokes, I apologize. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline aauusa

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
F*CK. . you would wear a shirt with F*CK on it for MY kids to see? not cool at all. . .making a statement is one thing but that line is crossed right there.

who says a person wearing a shirt like that is making a statement.  Plus there are appropriate time to wear a shirt with objectionable material and then there is not.  But to just label people who choose to wear the shirt as white trash is what I was WOW about.

I do have a few shirts with F*ck on them and dick and others various names.  i wear them to bars or concerts so if you bring your kids to the concerts and the bars which I go to then you are imposing your kids on my lifestyle not the other way around. 

Also some people from different religions are offended by other religions statements so are those to be banned and the people who wear them white trash?

just was shocked by the name calling,  I had thought we have moved passed labeling people trash and other demeaning labels.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
C'mom now.  We all have "a little bit" of white trash in us.   ;D

I argued this point of someone (wearing that in front of my kids) on the street a few years back. I still feel the same but I see their stance and that is to show free speech.  WHY, I don't know. It's free speech (they say) Ok, but why?  They are just expressing their intense emotions over a subject matter and lack other skills to emphasize that position.  I think it would be funnier to say....

Expletive CANER!
(Copyright Dot-Tone-Designs)

People get it.

Many of the same people wearing the F*CK tees complain about people wearing "JESUS" shirts. It offends them.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
I don't consider those that wear offensive stuff trash just a a disrespectful to other people around them, there's places you wearstuff like that and the other people around youdon't mine, but to bust off in Mickey D's, Walmart, the mall goes a little far. The peole that do this wants the attenion thats why they do it... some people love drama in their life.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »
we print just about anything here.  its never bothered any of our employees or customers - most of our customers want it on their shirts.

I dont listen to the bands that we print for, but ill wear a Cannibal Corpse shirt to work.  Dead babies hanging from meat hooks while a skeleton is butchering a woman, i personally think its silly, but it pays my bills...   i wore it to the grocery store once, got some weird looks from some kids.  now i turn my shirt inside out when i go shopping after work.

my personal favorite, which we print and i do wear would be Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust, Inc.  it has jesus on a cross of dollar bills. 

a lot of the groups that are against the Cannibal Corpse shirts are religious groups - there is more gore in the bible than on one Cannibal Corpse shirt. 

to each their own. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 11:33:33 AM »
I always find it amusing that our faith based line is called OSDS..............
Our Shirts Don't Suck. Guess the meaning of "Suck" has been watered down over the years.
(There's one for you Pierre!)

Here's a whole different subject; the lowering of standards in everyday language. A limited vocabulary has made everything from a tornado, to a coveted skateboard deck, to God's glory, or a win on the field, or a nice crayon rendering of the family cat by your six year old  "awesome".
"Suck" definitely has its roots in homophobic fellatio, while "wuss" is a combination of wimp and pussy. These recently evolved words allow "nice" folks to use otherwise crass terms, and not feel guilty.
While language is always evolving, like the push for Ebonics a few years back, it does not always move forward.

Myself, I taught my kid at an early age to save expletives for the right moment. If everything is f*ck this, or f*ckin' that, what are you going to yell when you hit your finger with a hammer?

Oh, and would I wear or print f*ck on a shirt? It depends on the context.
This has always been one of my favorites.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
I printed a one off for a male with just the word in really bold lettering BUKKAKE on the front. I had no clue what it meant but when I looked it up oh boy, never knew if the shirt was for his GF, wife or him self.

For those not in the know, google the word.
"No man is an island"

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »
ok - printing it is one thing, you do it to make money. but who WEARS this thing? what type of white trash is going to walk around wearing a shirt w F*Ck on it?

Seriously.

People have run ideas through here and we've even printed some and I'm like "ain't no one in their right mind
gonna wear this".

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »
That's killer Andy. Any copyright on that?

I once wore my "This Bike is a Pipe Bomb" shirt through an airport. That didn't go over so well.

We will print anything here as well.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »

Expletive CANER!
(Copyright Dot-Tone-Designs)

What the hell did Caner ever do to you?
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »
we print just about anything here.  its never bothered any of our employees or customers - most of our customers want it on their shirts.

I dont listen to the bands that we print for, but ill wear a Cannibal Corpse shirt to work.  Dead babies hanging from meat hooks while a skeleton is butchering a woman, i personally think its silly, but it pays my bills...   i wore it to the grocery store once, got some weird looks from some kids.  now i turn my shirt inside out when i go shopping after work.

my personal favorite, which we print and i do wear would be Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust, Inc.  it has jesus on a cross of dollar bills. 

a lot of the groups that are against the Cannibal Corpse shirts are religious groups - there is more gore in the bible than on one Cannibal Corpse shirt. 

to each their own.

We are the same here. I will print whatever walks in the door to a point. Thats what we do. We print shirts. Whether it has the word Fck, I love Jesus, God Damn it!, Jesus Fng Christ, I love you, Im gay, I like sheep, or any other saying its all good as long as they pay. If they want to look like a dumbass walking around its no skin off my nose.

One other thing I find funny is when the religious person says the word "Frick" in place of the word "F@ck" What the hell is that about? I love asking them why did they use frick because you know they were thinking the other word and just trying to be cool......lol

This link explains it all. It is why it is one of my favorite words.

the word freak

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 12:36:55 PM »

One other thing I find funny is when the religious person says the word "Frick" in place of the word "F@ck" What the hell is that about? I love asking them why did they use frick because you know they were thinking the other word and just trying to be cool......lol

Well...son of a gun!  I learnt that years before the "Son of a B#@#h".  Danged blasted & confounded anyways.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »
Spring Break, Cancun Mexico, 1999, I wore a white t-shirt with a black print that said "F ck Y'all, I'm from Texas" in big bold font on the front.  I'm embarrased that I wore that shirt now, but things were different for me when I was in college.  I didn't wear it through the airport, to the mall, restaurant or anything like that, I just put it on the first night there and I'll be honest, it was a huge, enormous hit with pretty much everyone, especially the ladies...if you know what I mean.  I wouldn't wear something like that these days, no disrespect to those who do, to each their own. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.