Author Topic: Capilary Film  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Capilary Film
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »
That's what I figured... isn't that a negative in a sense?

How does that effect shearing of the ink... that I would think would become better but I'm not certain it would matter at all.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »
The advantages of Capillary film come from it's extremely low Rz. it's automatic OEM and it's extremely uniform thickness.

Rz. value is a little lost printing on T-shirts, but not completely. It still gives detail through the OEM (ie:edge detail) beyond what most meticulously scoop coated emulsion will.

The shops I've been a part of were fairly aggressive with the squeegee when applying it to the wet mesh, so it worked in there better than if it's just laid on top like some would tell you is enough.

If you want to have some fun, use some of the capillary release liner on a freshly scoop coated screen (shirt side) to dramatically lower the Rz. beyond what skin coats can. (some emulsions will work with this, some seem to adhere to the release liner too much) It wreaks havoc with EOM, but will give awesome Rz. for graphic applications.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 11:17:05 AM »
I'd just point out that if you print on a nice smooth flashed underbase, Rz is just as important on shirts as it is on flat stock.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 12:15:18 PM »
That is quite true. Also many process and sim process Purists insist on using it to mimize dot gain.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »
I'd just point out that if you print on a nice smooth flashed underbase, Rz is just as important on shirts as it is on flat stock.

Good point! I hadn't considered that...
Wishin' I was Fishin'