Author Topic: Taping screens?  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Taping screens?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:40 AM »
they don't fit my system. honestly, they are more hassle than they are worth. I get the tension thing but 40 newtons, hell 30 newtons, is overkill if you ask me. they are too hard to coat, handle, rack, tape, clean with dip tank etc. . just a waste to us. I only have around 20 of them, all bought brand new. they are sitting in a pile with ripped mesh. I have no clue what they are worth, lightly used.

ever since we messed with squeegie duro's and angles, we are getting better prints out of our panelframes. they are not ideal, I would rather have the shurloc system, but the panels actually work.

ok - flame away.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 10:46:23 AM »
I agree with you Homer I tension up some frames a few weeks ago and while I was doing something else I heard the screens ripping kinda sucked, so 20 to 25 newtons is fine with me, if I could get and keep 40n I would but hey I use a lot of statics.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
To each their own Homer.  No flaming from me.  Some don't get the results for whatever reason.  I could go on and on about what they've done for us and why/how others don't get the same results but I think we've beat that horse enough and should probably wait a few months before we have another discussion about tension.  My thoughts are purely disappointment that a good shop didn't have success with newmans, nothing to flame about.  I'm sure the reasons for lack of results goes pretty deep and would take an in depth visit to uncover why.

You'll have no problems selling those frames.  Post some pics of their condition and I can tell you what you can get for them.  If they are virtually spotless then you can get good money for them and don't let someone beat you down on price.  They are worth more than the typical $15-20 you see for used frames, especially if they are clean and well kept.  On the same note, I have quite a few shurloc EZ frames that are sitting in a corner collecting dust that might be a good swap for your newmans.  The shurlocs that are busting aren't being replaced right now, I'm focusing on stretching newmans first then when I'm done with them I'll work on getting the shurlocs back into production.

I just took our panel frames out of the corner and had some panels sent here by accident last week so I installed 3 of them.  1 busted but the other 2 are hovering around 25 newtons on a 195/55 mesh count.  I've got newmans with the same mesh count at 35 newtons so I could do some direct comparison testing if I get the time.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »
19" coater works amazingly well for us, tape only makes an appearance for pinholes and wb because we tend to get messy. however that is changing since we are moving away from the M3's.

What are you changing to?  What you gonna do with them M3's?

Alan, if you get any more M3's in your shop, I'm going to come over there and vomit on all of them.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
BTW I'm sitting on a few hundred newmans meshed up (25x 36) Not really interested in piecing it out but if any one is interested in 50 or more make me an offer.