Author Topic: Ink Room  (Read 4104 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: Ink Room
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
How on earth do they keep their ink buckets so clean?!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »
double wow.

that is a g.d. trip, cannot believe that ink room.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 09:26:49 PM »
Looks just like palomar printing to me....

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 12:45:03 AM »
I think my ink storage cabinets are cleaner looking.

Offline inkbrigade

Ink Room
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 12:51:55 AM »
That's fake. Those are Photoshoped :-)
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 06:41:11 AM »
It's in Myrtle Beach. Five Autos 56K sq ft. They intend to keep it this way. Too much hard work to get where they are.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »
They intend to keep it this way. Too much hard work to get where they are.

I can only imagine what all the shops of those who just posted in this thread look like.. a giant freaking mess i'd bet!

why anyone would want to work in filth I don't know, I try very hard to stay as clean as possible because clean is fast dirty is slow.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 10:05:38 AM »
They intend to keep it this way. Too much hard work to get where they are.

I can only imagine what all the shops of those who just posted in this thread look like.. a giant freaking mess i'd bet!

why anyone would want to work in filth I don't know, I try very hard to stay as clean as possible because clean is fast dirty is slow.

Why do you say that? Because Tony posted pics of a place that looks more sterile than googles server facilities means every single one of us work in "FILTH" your words.?

My shop is quite darn clean, there is not one drop of ink on anything except the shelves and buckets and even there it is kept pretty clean. We sweep our floors, we wipe the press down weekly. We clean the lint build up often, and we work to avoid messes instead of dealing with them after the fact.

"No man is an island"

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »
I say this because in my 27 years the one constant across 'most' shops is their filthy! Ink and lint everywhere.

Good for you! If you're clean and organized, most are not.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 11:31:11 AM »
John I dont have 27 years but only a mere 15 but I have seen a few shops in my time and I seen both extremes. I am sure you been in Liquid Blue when you were here in RI I did and that place is awesome as hell, I never been in mirror image but I heard its pretty messy there. I seen shops in upper PA that were fire hazards waiting to happen and close to me there is a shop that is spotless but they also have very little work being a union only shop. Cleanliness is probably my biggest pet peeve in our shop, I have ruined enough clothes over the years because of carelessness and complete laziness. One thing I stress here to any one that works on the printing side is if you see one speck of ink any where it does not belong then clean it immediately not later!
"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
Some of the ultr-mega shops from th 80s were the worst offenders. Shops in Miami like STS stopped for nothing. They would just run the presses into the ground, junk them for parts, and replace them.
Fortune Fashions in LA ran 13 presses two shifts were on the other end of the spectrum. They treated the floors with an expensive silicone epoxy and had a full time "janitor" who kept things sparkly. They were a huge Disney house with Disney employees on site. Keeping things neat and clean was actually part of their compliance audits.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
Was it you Tony that said you seen the Starter print shop in New Haven way back when? Now that was an absolute nightmare of a place.
"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »
Yes and yes it was. Some old clunker ovals in a run down building off of James Street. Finally burned up when a spray can went through the dryer. That lint is pretty flammable. Lot of smoke damaged sweats that had to be destroyed. I was running Resortworks/Yunz Industries in Branord and the next day installed a length of conduit along all the dryers. Precision later adapted the idea.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
It's in Myrtle Beach. Five Autos 56K sq ft. They intend to keep it this way. Too much hard work to get where they are.

Myrtle Beach? Wow, good for them. Has to be hard with a bunch of girls running around in bikinis everywhere!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »
Yes and yes it was. Some old clunker ovals in a run down building off of James Street. Finally burned up when a spray can went through the dryer. That lint is pretty flammable. Lot of smoke damaged sweats that had to be destroyed. I was running Resortworks/Yunz Industries in Branord and the next day installed a length of conduit along all the dryers. Precision later adapted the idea.

Do you remember ever dealing with Sharp Products back then? We sold a lot of products to a lot of the big shops back then. I worked there as well as the owner here.
"No man is an island"