Author Topic: Ink Room  (Read 4182 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Ink Room
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »
No but that was a long time ago.......and a lot of xylene!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 01:37:13 PM »
John I dont have 27 years but only a mere 15 but I have seen a few shops in my time and I seen both extremes. I am sure you been in Liquid Blue when you were here in RI I did and that place is awesome as hell, I never been in mirror image but I heard its pretty messy there. I seen shops in upper PA that were fire hazards waiting to happen and close to me there is a shop that is spotless but they also have very little work being a union only shop. Cleanliness is probably my biggest pet peeve in our shop, I have ruined enough clothes over the years because of carelessness and complete laziness. One thing I stress here to any one that works on the printing side is if you see one speck of ink any where it does not belong then clean it immediately not later!

Yeah blue was nice and clean and yeah image was a mess. During my interview there, prod mgr grabbed a white squeege out of the press, dropped it on an ink covered table behind him and put a new blade in w/out batting an eye as he turned and went and did something else.
I personally started the ink dept clean up there and over a few months made it somewhat manageable but it was still a mess overall. Nothing against Rick, his employess didn't give a shart.

I built another ink dept here in cali and still to this day its super clean and very organized. I used to have newbies mix a cup of ink in less than 3 minute to prove how efficient it really was to the owner. Spotless ink cups lined all the shelves, no need for gloves to grab any of the 3000 colors on the shelves.

Plastisol is a pia to clean off anything after its set for a period of time so wiping it up immedietley has always been a good habit to have.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
I like to keep our place clean.  Years ago it was absolutely spotless, now it's clean but not like it used to be.  I will try to keep the press really clean and I clean ink drops up immediately but my guys don't always do it that way.  This thread got me thinking that the next slow day we have we are going to wipe the RPM down clean, top to bottom.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »
This thread got me thinking that the next slow day we have we are going to wipe the RPM down clean, top to bottom.

This is the time of year to wipe everything down and open up the dryers and de-lint them. Same with exhaust vents and hanging cords, the walls and any flat surface that is above eye level.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services