Author Topic: Propane Gas dryers vs natural gas  (Read 4546 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Propane Gas dryers vs natural gas
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »
trade out with a plumber...here is the thing, you have to run lines anyway, so if you move to gas, you will have to get the gas to the dryer somehow....so run the lines from the old stuff.

it will pay for itself, also, if you tell them you are putting in a larger appliance, they will do it for free, same thing with our 3 phase pole outside, the city put that in and brought it to the building for free...well, as free as free shipping from suppliers. ;)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »
it was capped and not used for like 10 years

All that means is the main valve in the street has been shut off and they put a cap on the end of the line wherever that may be. It's usually located on the end of the building closest to the main road. If your complex has multiple buildings then you may only have a single main trunk line coming into the complex and you'll have to run from there to your building. It sounds like this may be the case as gas in commercial complexes is always up to the lessee to run line to their building.

When they say re-run.. that means you'll have to run lines from the cap to a meter location and then from the meter to the dryer.

Take a walk and look around, I'm sure you can find the cap as it's always above ground.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 08:06:13 PM »
NG is at an all time low.

BTU for BTU, propane will be higher, and more of a hassle on all fronts.

It's probably less of a hassle than you think to have the gas lines run.
I don`t know about the exact prices for LPG but it`s a fact that LPG contains almost 2.5 times as much usable energy/cubit foot then natural gas. menas you will need a lot less LPG then natural gas to run your dryer. I would say research all the charges for natural gas and LPG incl. the charge for meter rental and other standing charges for natural gas and see what works out better for you.