Author Topic: Help with ai files?  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Help with ai files?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 09:42:31 PM »
No Wayne, just a little text and the stylized ball. Typical of the micro-run cad cut jobs that come my way.
It's just that, initially, they sent compressed ai files, and the bad pdf's. I can't attach ai, so what was first posted were the pdf "pointers"
By the time a few here had seen them, the client sent the second set of good pdf's that you see. Well, I say good, only because they were usable, but as I mentioned, the one for the back was weird, and Douglas explained why.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 10:35:24 PM »
That explains the 1 KB files.

I have to say, the back opened beautifully for me.

Interesting to see text laid down one letter at a time.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 11:06:47 PM »
The back opened beautifully for me as well, but it didn't let me delete the shirt, or group the text to be able to set up my sheet to cut easily. Doug explained that was due to clipping masks and compound paths, or some other Adobe nonsense  ;D

I did work-arounds with copy and paste to new files, but Douglas' eps conversions were fine as well.
This was just another example of what I see as a very simple file made difficult by a professional graphic artist. We all get 'em.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?