Author Topic: eighty screens in eighty minutes (DTS cons and pros)  (Read 135698 times)

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
Re: eighty screens in eighty minutes (DTS cons and pros)
« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2013, 09:44:52 PM »
IIRC, BaumanB mentioned a couple of DLE units pretty near the beginning, along with ballpark prices which seemingly ended that tangent.  ;)

The units I've heard of in the past sounded rather complex--does that use a laser and mirror system for exposure?

Very cool video, thanks for posting it.

there was one at SGIA couple of years back. If I remember correctly, it was $380K.

so, yes, out of price range for most if not all of us . . .

pierre
At last FESPA in London there was DLE-Eco unit available at $130k. The one in video was roughly  $250k+ the last time I checked.

@baumanb: the dle-eco did not work properly in my tests, what was a pitty because the company making them is just half an hour driving far from our shop. on the photo you have signtronic on the left and the much cheaper dle-eco on the right side.
by the way: did you sell me your t-shirt folding machine about two years ago???

@244 it is the question what you expect from a cts. so if you try to compare an ink system to an imagesetter or a dle sytem i have to say that the quality can not compare. in ink sprayer is far away from the quality you get from a dle. a ink system needs at least minimum one worker being busy all the time.
a dot sprayed by an ink system has 30% of the outer dot not beeing opaque, so a dot easily can gain or loose around 30& or much more. if you want to prints seps in a perfect quality this is a knock out! even between an "old" imagesetter i had big differences between agfa and heidelberg when compared the dots with a table microscope.
so if you have a smaller shop or need screen with a accuracy that is less important an ink sprayer is a nice choice.

@blue moon. in my shop i have an roi after less that three years.
I would strongly suggest you have someone stop in our booth with a high powered microscope and check out our dots while we are doing a complete screen every 45 seconds including exposure. Things have the tendency to change in technology and maybe what you looked at before was older technology. Just a FYI.

well i would love to visit your booth (if you tell me what booth we are talking about) and see what you have to show. but 11 hours in a plane is a hard thing to do :)
what about if you make a printout on film and scan it for us? i will be able to make a scan from my imagesetter as well, so we can compare. in case your inkspray is as good as you promise, you can change the whole offset printers world. noone would buy a ctp anymore. i have some doubts in this case to be honest ;)
so why do you think your system (whatever it might be) is competitive? i would appreciate if you give some useful information here, we will be able to discuss or that can convince the people. its hard to discuss something that is just a promise. :o
may be you have a dealer in germany who has a showroom with this thing?

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »
That would be the M&R booth you'd be looking for.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2013, 10:12:31 PM »
Love to go - however Florida is too far away - will wait for Long Beach

Offline travis.hoyme

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #273 on: June 27, 2014, 11:16:14 PM »
@Danny How much does the Lawson DTS cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #274 on: June 27, 2014, 11:40:55 PM »
@Danny How much does the Lawson DTS cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More then it's worth, you don't want the lawson. I now have an m&r i image ste and it blows the lawson away. For the minimal difference in price between the two brands the m&r is far superior. The i image will do everything better and make you more money then the lawson dts.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #275 on: September 26, 2014, 07:18:29 AM »
Here is a little update on our exposure and washout production loop, we re-located both the pre-soak tank and the light source and increased pre-press thru-put for another 10-15 screens per hour in this loop.

http://tinyurl.com/ltkszhl

Check it out and share your thoughts and questions.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #276 on: September 26, 2014, 08:44:25 AM »
Man I wish I had a brighter light!  I am pretty ok with the rest of my setup, but not having to wait on exposure would RULE.

Nice setup and great video.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #277 on: September 26, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »
Going with the two screen exposure and cutting exposure time by 75% was a great move.
Dale Hoyal

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #278 on: September 26, 2014, 08:52:11 AM »
I really love seeing videos like this. That screen rack set up, although similar to ours, is much better, and such a good shop hack!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #279 on: September 26, 2014, 09:03:55 AM »
Looks great Greg, You're one of those guys that thinks good enough isn't good enough.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #280 on: September 26, 2014, 09:15:04 AM »
I really love seeing videos like this. That screen rack set up, although similar to ours, is much better, and such a good shop hack!

I agree, might be cool for each of us to walk through a video of our shops?  We did one here a few years ago but a lot has changed. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #281 on: September 26, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
If we had a section for specific threads with videos of each shops part of that process linked in some kind of moderated first post with discussion below that would be amazing.  I would post a video of a lot of the way I do things, as much to show a smaller sized shop for newer printers as to get feedback from the real pros on how things could be improved.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #282 on: September 26, 2014, 09:33:37 AM »
If we had a section for specific threads with videos of each shops part of that process linked in some kind of moderated first post with discussion below that would be amazing.  I would post a video of a lot of the way I do things, as much to show a smaller sized shop for newer printers as to get feedback from the real pros on how things could be improved.

I think just seeing each shops layout would help others see a better idea or way to do something.  Everyone is doing at least something better than everyone else I would suggest and we can always learn something seeing that stuff. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2014, 09:48:21 AM »
the only reason I wouldn't post videos is because I'm still learning alot, and most likely have nothing to add. That's why I like being a creep on this board. I'd watch the heck out of some videos though.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline TH Apparel

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »
bringing back an old thread...our shop is considering purchasing a DTS.
Any advantage or disadvantage of inkjet vs wax other than the smaller footprint for wax? 
Visiting a shop nearby that has an M&R i-image tomorrow to see how it works in an actual shop environment and ask some questions.
For those that have a DTS...which machine did you get?  Any thing you know now, that you wish you knew before buying?

Not going to pull any triggers until after atlantic city ISS show.