screen printing > Screen Making

eighty screens in eighty minutes (DTS cons and pros)

<< < (2/60) > >>

tonypep:
I have only seen DTG at trade shows and they were way too slow for what I need. I'm shooting four auto screens at a time. I believe there are 2 screen versions but not heard about larger ones. Pricetag for that would be pretty steep as well.  Our retail clothing lines are all re-orders except sales sample season. My head dryer op files in  between jobs so thats not a bottleneck. Many of the one color Talkies are discharge so we wash and library those screeens. All other biz is 95% new. The other thing that concerns me is that our philosophy as well as others is that film output is a quality checkpoint. Had this discussion at JSR.
Still I'd love to have someone drop a demo in for a side by side real time study.

Screened Gear:

--- Quote from: Socalfmf on November 14, 2012, 12:48:59 PM ---Tony...with DTS you don't think you could have done 90 or 100 in 80 min?  I would think DTS is faster than looking up film....

--- End quote ---

Lets see a video of your DTS printing a screen.

alan802:
I was looking for videos of a DTS in action and there was not a single one in a shop, in a real world environment.  They were all sales type videos from the manufacturers.  I'd love to see videos of all of the DTS machines that are running in shops.  I've heard that they usually don't just plug in and work right out of the crate.  Seems like there are bugs with many of them, especially the cheaper models.

mk162:
Alan, the same thing happened with DTG machines, the cheaper you go, the more problems you have.

tonypep:
End of the day 11 racks of 20. About 3 hrs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version