Author Topic: Always willing to share my experiences with the industry.  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
Andy , I might be 12,500 miles away and while most everyone here is sleeping I am hard at work. However I will drop in occasionally to offer my experience to the forums members.

For those who thought I was long gone...nah, just building another new division of my Calibrated S.P.S. business in Asia. The "drama" introduced into the multiple forums in our industry has made me focus my efforts to other venues....I hope this is a place where we can have debates , share ideas and information without it turning into a pissing match.
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Always willing to share my experiences with the industry.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 02:16:23 AM »
I bet that some had given you up for dead, or at least missing in action.
Good to see ya buddy.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
I bet that some had given you up for dead, or at least missing in action.
Good to see ya buddy.

Thanks Andy ... glad to have a new venue where I know the host is a "sensible" person.. ;)

I am sure that many have considered me "missing in action" ....especially considering the seemingly impossible to resolve issues with my VOIP phone systems.

I hope to soon resolve the problem and be able to have clear communications again. However there is little I can do until I send my server back to the US. The latency in the PPOE network here is simply too much for it to function properly....and the fax system will not work at all.  :'(

Either way, I am still alive and kicking. Still working hard on the new site that has developed into a seemingly impossible task to complete due to its complexity...but its a live site and functional, still operating in a BETA mode until I can populate the massive amount of products into the cart system. When it launches, everyone will know that I am still here and there....almost everywhere!   8) 
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 09:13:07 AM »
For the record Lance, and anyone else, we have three hosts here, and I guess we try to be sensible, but sometimes...

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:43:53 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jill

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:35 AM »
However there is little I can do until I send my server back to the US. The latency in the PPOE network here is simply too much for it to function properly

lol....swoosh....Lance is definitely here.

All is right with the world now. 

Hi Lance.

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:29:30 AM »
However there is little I can do until I send my server back to the US. The latency in the PPOE network here is simply too much for it to function properly

lol....swoosh....Lance is definitely here.

All is right with the world now. 

Hi Lance.

:)..... Jill,
I guess that my presence is obvious as the computer geek in me is revealed in my writing style. (lol)

At least my addiction to computers has been earning me a living and allowing me to see the world in ways I never thought possible just a decade ago. Technology is truly amazing in how it can allow you to stay connected. I just wish "standards" of technology were more evenly applied in around the world. But with these problems, also comes new opportunities.

Hope all is going well in your life and business.

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
Lance,

Toni and I thought you were long gone.  We tried many times trying to get in contact with you, with no luck at all. 

Glad your still around.

Jon

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »
Nice to see you posting again, Lance. I'm looking forward to your participation here.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 10:47:11 PM »
Lance,

Toni and I thought you were long gone.  We tried many times trying to get in contact with you, with no luck at all. 

Glad your still around.

Jon

I had some serious communication issues from last November until January...then experienced another round last month that I was able to correct within a week. But we (Tony) traded some emails a few months ago about a link to an online design shop for your website....which is still running on my servers...if your website goes dead for more than an hour you will know that I am ACTUALLY long gone (as in dead) because my servers are the only thing I tend too as much , or more than myself.  :D

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »
Heya Lance good to see you here.
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)

Offline lemorris

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
I love Lance.

Thanks for what you did man.

I'm glad to hear things are going well.

You're one of my faves.

-lemorris

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 11:37:23 PM »
I was wondering about you and that web shirt thing.

Really good to here from you Lance.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 04:23:58 AM »
Hi Lance, good to see you here.

Wow, Guangzhou? I've been there. Pretty intense!

Good luck with your new projects... if you haven't already, try to get up to Guilin and Yangshuo if you can. Beautiful!
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 05:37:27 AM »
I was wondering about you and that web shirt thing.

Really good to here from you Lance.

That project was never completed because it was being made as a fork from my core system. The person who wanted it did not wish to pay for the myriad of new requests, changes to ones that were completed and I simply had to much other work with the core system. So development was stopped. Eventually it will be integrated into the system again, when the version for this industry is completed.

However, that said the system I have created is now licensed as a SAAS (Software As A Service) platform by my new company and is not in use with several companies that needed a server based solution to manage their products and vendors. However none of these clients are in this industry , and due to the VAST variety of products sold in this industry it has been very challenging to complete the international shipping system for all these items. I use it for my company , but it is not fully automated as it is for my other clients who sell a very narrow range of items.

But stay tuned...one of these days it will be completed.   

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 06:14:16 AM »
Hi Lance, good to see you here.

Wow, Guangzhou? I've been there. Pretty intense!

Good luck with your new projects... if you haven't already, try to get up to Guilin and Yangshuo if you can. Beautiful!

Actually I have not been to Guilin yet, however my girlfriend is from the Guangxi province (Yangcuncun) and I have been to her home city several times....its a very small "town" and is about as remote as it gets....but I still get 5 bars on my Google Nexus phone and have excellent 3G service (actually everywhere here!)

I don't actually live in the city of Guangzhou...I am about 2 hours drive south is a smaller "suburb" of Zhongshan called Xiaolan.

This is a very wealthy town of about 450,000 people and is new in the sense that only 25 years ago it was a rice field. The infrastructure is excellent and modern. I am serviced by the high speed rail system that is nothing short of incredible....America REALLY needs to get its $#!T together and begin building something like this. I can get to Guangzhou in 25 minutes (a 2 hour drive) for only $6.00 at 185 MPH. I took the same train to visit a chemical supplier in Shaoguan and it was even faster at 210 MPH !! :o and the trains are like first class airline with meals and drinks served. Here are some pics...the ride is smooth as glass.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:23:13 AM by Calibrated »