Author Topic: two dip tanks  (Read 3320 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: two dip tanks
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
I'm glad to hear about the developing tanks being a good step. I'll get the guys setup with that when we
get back next week.

I had the same concern as Jamie, leaving it in too long and softening the emulsion. Seems like
it could still happen but that would be on us and not the process.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
yeah the develop tank is awesome, when I got the Richmond, my screen exposures got so fast, I'd out pace my wash out, so now, I drop them in the tank right next to the exposure unit, if a couple of them are in there is fine, when I get to rinse them out, if the emulsion didn't already fall out of the image, normal water pressure will get it. I still use the washer, real light and quick. It's great for sim process screens, you don't have to beat on your emulsion to wash out the  image, makes it faster and cleaner all around for us.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »
I noticed a huge improvement in the halftone resolution from using the water tank.  Even with the good backlighting in our "clean" booth it's pretty hard to gauge what's going on in all areas of a higher lpi screen.  Using a controlled amount of pressure washing after the soak helps you get it all resolved without reefing on one particular area and blowing it out and without screwing around for 10 minutes with it. 

I'm brutal about screen resolving- if you can't dunk it in a soak tank, blast it with the washer for 30 sec and have it come out perfect, something needs adjusted until you can.  There's no sense in messing around here.