Author Topic: Film output printers, think it's time we get a new one!!!!!!!????????????  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Film output printers, think it's time we get a new one!!!!!!!????????????
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »
If your thinking FM, talk to Scott Fresner, same product and multitude better support! We're printing on an Epson 7880 and loving it, 3000 is back-up or chunky spot colour stuff untile we use up all the black ink.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 07:10:20 AM »
If you don't want to drop the $$ for a new 4900.. a used 4880 is the ticket.

4900 here, all black, wasatch rip

Wasatch doesn't have the capability to specify what carts you use to print with so need for all black. The only RIP that supports all black  is AccuRip..

unless Wasatch finally got their heads outa their azz and introduced this into the software????

FM supports multiple black cartridges.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 07:11:52 AM »
very happy with our 4800 after using the 3000 for a few years. 3k worked good, but the 4800 is a significant improvement. 4880 is about the same, not sure about the 4900.
We paid $350 for the 4800 of the craigslist. If you look around there are deals to be had on them (unfortunately you might not have the time).

For RIP we use the Film Maker. It is significantly more complex than Accurip, but it does produce better results. AR is set and forget which makes it a good choice for many, but if you are looking for top notch, FM gives you significantly more control. Both are available as trials.

pierre
As far as I remember FM runs only on Windows, is that right?

not sure, we are on windows. . . see here: cadlink.com
or check wit Scott Fresner!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »
4880, accurip, 220 ml all black refillable tanks and 17" roll film over here.   The improvement over the 3000 is unreal.

Same set up here, works great!
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 08:27:36 PM »
If you don't want to drop the $$ for a new 4900.. a used 4880 is the ticket.

4900 here, all black, wasatch rip

Wasatch doesn't have the capability to specify what carts you use to print with so need for all black. The only RIP that supports all black  is AccuRip..

unless Wasatch finally got their heads outa their azz and introduced this into the software????

Yes it does!
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"