Author Topic: Ink Room / PVC Free Inks  (Read 1218 times)

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
Ink Room / PVC Free Inks
« on: December 07, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
Hey there,
So started a whole redo of the ink room this week, will be completed next week. Involves all of our plastisol and water bases and specialty inks. We have been phthalate free since day one several years ago with QCM inks and now Rutland. Getting ready for printing with the PVC free acrylic inks this spring. Not jumping in head first but want to be ready for it when it hits us. We are a small shop but occasionally the "Big Boys" use us so we have to be ready. Anyway, I just realized that don't all plastic mixing containers have PVC in them? What is the point of the ink sitting in those containers then? I need to ask my buddy at Rutland but just seems odd to me. And I know we will not be compliant as our gas and electric dryers have years and years of plastisol and water base inks already in them. Luckily some of our clients don't care about the compliance thing, they just want the feel and look. Ugh

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Ink Room / PVC Free Inks
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »
I meant not our mixing containers, but the plastic buckets they already come in. Long week. Very, very tired!  :)

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 05:03:09 PM »
Never mind, just found out they indeed do come in PVC - filled plastic containers. Wow. So much for compliance. I guess we won't have any problems either. Ha!

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:08:15 PM »
Never mind, just found out they indeed do come in PVC - filled plastic containers. Wow. So much for compliance. I guess we won't have any problems either. Ha!

Wow this really surprises me ... are you sure?  Most containers are HDPE are some other non-PVC plastic as far as I know.
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 08:06:54 PM »

Wow this really surprises me ... are you sure?  Most containers are HDPE are some other non-PVC plastic as far as I know.

Hopefully you are right and they switched. Maybe they realized it and it is only their stock still sitting around. Hope so or otherwise what is the point!