Author Topic: Surf Expo Orlando January  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Surf Expo Orlando January
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 03:15:10 PM »
That's what I figured. I am not sure how I am going to do my Preprint line yet. I have a very specific market with many possible locations in every state. Its really untapped and could be an easy sell. The designs aren't even a concern its how to be able to handle the fulfillment and ordering that has me worried. I am not saying its going to take off. I really don't care if it does or not. Its just something I can do to get away from the custom work a few days a month.

Has anyone done a consignment type of deal with a location? Like you print up a bunch of car related items and then go to a race way and have them set up a display in the show room. You supply the shirts and if any are gone they pay you the price you negotiated. You would come in a restock when needed and take inventory to see how much the owe you. Just writing this makes it sound like a bad idea. Any input???  (this is not my very specific market its just en example)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
Very Risky!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Very Risky!

I am not afraid of Risk. I am just wondering if it could be done and if someone has experience. I am working on a few plans and they are very risky but the possible loss is worth the possible reward. Everything is a risk. My plan is not any more risky then a customer buying shirts from me on net 30 and then not being able to pay. If you think about it is the exact same thing except if they don't sell I can take the shirts back and try to sell them in another location. I am just kicking it around right now. I am just looking for others experience with what worked and what didn't.