Author Topic: You know that you're cheap...  (Read 1051 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
You know that you're cheap...
« on: November 29, 2012, 03:17:02 PM »
or have too much spare time when you...

take the time to cut a block of wood, glue some felt, and make your own white board eraser! 
My board is metal so a self adhesive magnet for business cards was also added as the finishing touch. 

btw, it's somehow gratifying to know that white boards use the same erasers as their darker predecessors  ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: You know that you're cheap...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »
well you should have made the eraser special...by using a 4x4 or 6x6...it would work faster too, think about the time savings.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
Oddly enough we just got a call to print chalkboards?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »
There is even an ink to make the shirt the board!

And btw, your referral for 10 shirts , 5 white (one screen) and 5 black (three screens) for tomorrow noon may not happen!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »
We did shirts in our baseball line that had a scoreboard printed with chalkboard ink. We included a piece of chalk so the kids could keep score as the game went on.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 10:15:28 PM »
save money where you can! I made a water squeegie for screens out of an old windshield wiper. . .works like a champ. . .I need new wipers for winter so guess who is getting two more squeegies!?!
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 12:34:04 AM »
We did shirts in our baseball line that had a scoreboard printed with chalkboard ink. We included a piece of chalk so the kids could keep score as the game went on.

Now THAT is kewl!  I want some of that.

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:00:46 AM »
I actually get sooooooo excited when I find a new or different way to save.  I had someone show me how to use the sander evenly enough where i was comfortable with it, so instead of buying all new baseboard trim to match our hardwood floors I took them all out as well as the doors, sanded them all and then stained them.  Then I took out  all the heater vent covers which were old and rusty looking and instead of buying new ones, sanded those down and spray painted those.  They look brand new.  I am not only proud of what I did this past fall but saved a lot at the same time.  Next thing is to figure out extreme couponing.  The amount of money they save is ridiculous but I don't know if I have that type of patience because it seems so boring. :-\. But I will give anything a try.