Author Topic: I think we could all benefit from networking.  (Read 654 times)

Offline Ripcord

I think we could all benefit from networking.
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:05:11 PM »
After reading these and other forums for several years, I've learned that each shop specializes in different types of printing. Some only take large orders, some only can handle small to medium orders, and some do only contract printing. Each particular shop has it's niche in the industry.

A great feature for this website would be a "business referall" page, where each of us could describe the type of work we specialize in. That way, when we are offered a job we can't or don't want to do, instead of turning the potential customer away we could refer them to another company that would be better suited to handle the job.

I make my living printing small to medium size jobs, creating artwork where none exists, and shipping printed shirts everywhere. I know many large shops that don't want to mess with this kind of stuff, and I'd love it if they would refer customers to me rather than simply turning them away. In turn, I like to be able to refer potential customers to other companies when they want a large contract job or a walk in "showroom" type experience.

The customers much prefer a referral rather than a dismissal, so this could evolve into an all-around winning scenario for everyone.
Raster to vector conversion