Author Topic: WTB M&R Tri-loc Registration Pallet 23X31  (Read 20868 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
WTB M&R Tri-loc Registration Pallet 23X31
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:56:42 AM »
To finish my next registration system I am looking for the tri-loc registration pallet.  I know there are dozens laying around in shops that have given up on using the system so if anyone knows of one let me know and I will contact them and see if someone is willing to part with the pallet for cash.  I'm not real sure what that pallet would go for but I guess $300-400 would be fair, especially if it's just sitting in a corner in someone's shop collecting dust.

I have a call out to a metal fab shop to make me a flat piece of aluminum so depending on if I can find the real m&r product, I may go that route, especially if the price is right.  I have a pallet extrusion so basically I just need a big piece of aluminum that I can cut to the right dimension and add the stop blocks.  Thoughts, ideas, recommendations?  I have no issues going this route but we are pretty busy and if I can just buy the real thing that is properly manufactured it would be easier and one less thing to go wrong.

If anyone has any info on where I can find one, or hell, just some advice or a better idea, I'm all ears my friends.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: WTB M&R Tri-loc Registration Pallet 23X31
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »
Check on Ebay right now. There's one of the original one's for $150 plus shipping. Looks like
it's missing something (I don't know how the originals worked) but if all you need is the pallet
you can't beat that with a stick.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:29:15 PM »
Check on Ebay right now. There's one of the original one's for $150 plus shipping. Looks like
it's missing something (I don't know how the originals worked) but if all you need is the pallet
you can't beat that with a stick.

I was unable to find the one you are talking about.  I tried the normal search words but got nothing.  How did you find it?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »
Somebody got it already. Damn.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:12:33 AM »
It was me. :) :) :) :) :)

Ahhh Just kidding

Offline BeerCityInc

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 01:35:33 AM »
i just got a full almost new trilockoff ebay for 1300 so keep your eyes peeled

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 08:23:49 AM »
why is this thing so expensive? there's a few hundred bucks worth of aluminum plus some R&D time, but 2400.00 new? no way.  I bet they would sell 4 to 1 if the price was more reasonable, in the 1k range. I would like to see a new reg system developed, taking elements from the newman wing style system and something that didn't require carrier sheets, like permanent reg marks. What if you have all 4 corners of your film have the same reg marks - no matter what, and those same regs marks on your glass. like a clear sticker. Line up the film reg marks to the ones on the glass, tape the film to the glass, pop the screen into a jig, expose and carry on. I may be onto something here.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
then you write an action for PS or Illy, or a macro for corel that puts THOSE EXACT registration marks in the right spot and wham, problem solved.

Homer, I like you more and more every day, now where is my order?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 01:25:54 PM »
why is this thing so expensive? there's a few hundred bucks worth of aluminum plus some R&D time, but 2400.00 new? no way.  I bet they would sell 4 to 1 if the price was more reasonable, in the 1k range. I would like to see a new reg system developed, taking elements from the newman wing style system and something that didn't require carrier sheets, like permanent reg marks. What if you have all 4 corners of your film have the same reg marks - no matter what, and those same regs marks on your glass. like a clear sticker. Line up the film reg marks to the ones on the glass, tape the film to the glass, pop the screen into a jig, expose and carry on. I may be onto something here.

I agree 100%. The problem is there are only 3 systems that I am aware of (Vastex, Newman & M&R). Without much competition, prices are higher. But I will say that if a system can make your set up times be spot on without needed to micro anything, it is worth a LOT to the printer. But this is I was getting at in my pre-reg thread; it should not be that difficult for a perfect pre-reg system to be developed. I am still amazed that more manufacturers do not have one. I wonder if the existing 3 have a lot of copyrights that make it too difficult for another company to manufacture one.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
Yes! - let's develop this thing. we can make our own and sell them off, fk patents. This idea is better than what's out there already. Tri loc is just a series of bump stops -nothing too complex there. The vastex one is a cheaper knock off to it and the newman one requires stupid pin locks on your screens. what about us panel frame guys or static users?

500.00-1kea and we sell them all day long. I got to thinking, we could just run off a positive with the reg marks and screen it direct on the glass with some 9700 or something. 400 mesh screen so it's nice and precise. I'm soing this or something -screw this manual registration crap.

Brad - you should have had it a while ago? wtf. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 05:51:37 PM »
TAS has the EZ reg (or some similar name... I'm to lazy right now to go upstairs to look) but it needs "stupid pin locks" on your frames. Works pretty dern good though. But those "stupid pin locks" ain't free either!
Here we go ...again

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
TAS has the EZ reg (or some similar name... I'm to lazy right now to go upstairs to look) but it needs "stupid pin locks" on your frames. Works pretty dern good though. But those "stupid pin locks" ain't free either!

I was wondering about the TAS system.  Do you run it?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »
Homer, you're idea is what I'm trying to do now, but I'm not using the grid on the exposure unit, I'm lining up the film on a separate FPU.  I couldn't find a pallet jig for a reasonable price so I'm having a piece of aluminum cut and I'm going to put the pallet extrusion on it, then place my stop blocks in the right locations exactly like the FPU and I'll be done.  I would have thought my aluminum would have been done by now, but I'm paying $250 for it.  I'm having a local waterjet guy cut it out for me and I had the piece of aluminum drop shipped there last week.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »
$250 wow! Alan wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a large palette from M&R or somewhere and work with that?
"No man is an island"