Author Topic: WTB M&R Tri-loc Registration Pallet 23X31  (Read 21004 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: WTB M&R Tri-loc Registration Pallet 23X31
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
from what I heard, they have one in US and it is going to Mirror Image (Rick Roth) for testing. Part of the high price is due to oversized plattens (I think they were 40x40 or something like it)
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 07:00:11 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but how is each platen independently controlled what does that mean?

Kudos to Rick he is a big MHM guy I am sure he will make that press do wonders.
"No man is an island"

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 08:31:06 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but how is each platen independently controlled what does that mean?

Kudos to Rick he is a big MHM guy I am sure he will make that press do wonders.

There's no central indexer, just smaller ac/servo motors on each head that travel independently around the rail.  It said in the pdf you could, for example, have your carousel style Digotex installed around an existing column or support as it has no center.  Totally crazy smart and it's about time somebody innovated instead of refining and imitating. 

I believe it's the fact that each platen, being independently controlled, can reg up to the print head on it's own that let's them make such a bold warranty on the registration of the press.  I'm no engineer but I would guess it's some tricky business getting classic presses to stay in registration across such a large diameter.  The independent heads would eliminate the issue perhaps. 

It's success likely depends on how intelligently the little motor systems are designed.  If they aren't super efficient and chock full of torque they wouldn't be able to perform as well, or I guess I should say as quickly, individually as a chain or screw drive system for example.  But honestly, I don't care if the machine only runs at 600 pcs/hr., the safety benefits, especially for loading large pieces or doing all-over printing would outweigh the speed limit.  I always thought it was silly how much is spent on demonstrating a press's top speed. 

Offline squeegee

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011, 06:56:56 AM »
I'll be interested to see the modular carousel machine, and to see if they can bring in a compact format and price point low enough for pukes like me.  I understand it was pulling teeth to convince Mayerhofer and Co. to design the E-type.

Most interesting to me is the mention of digital print heads, I think this is the idea of DTG style heads on an auto.  There's an idea, high speed digital, now that would be a game changer.  Hundreds of shirts an hour with no screens?  Sign me up.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 08:24:56 PM »
Spoke with John of MHM today regarding the digotex.  Holy. crap.  That's all I'm gonna say. 

I'm not sure how soon they will catch up on production but anyone considering purchasing an auto in the next few ought to take a very, very hard look at this machine.

@squeegee
I'll be interested to see the modular carousel machine, and to see if they can bring in a compact format and price point low enough for pukes like me.

Sounds like that's in the works for us pukes as well.