Industry regulations > OSHA

OSHA/Nazdar

<< < (3/4) > >>

alan802:
Might as well take the damn respirators away then since nobody will ever wear them around here.

Looks like I got some work to do.  We pass the fire marshal's inspections with flying colors but I'm sure OSHA would be a bit more strict and go for things I have not thought about or just haven't gotten around to.  I was an inspector in a previous career so I'm used to looking for things that are out of compliance with government regs so I know a lot of what to look for.  I've put things off long enough and need to take care of them.  I also worked for the retail giant for 7 years and for a few of those I was the one who was in charge of OSHA compliance for the sales floor.  When it comes to the gov inspectors, at least the dozen or so I've had to walk job sites and sales floors with, it's all about how good or bad they are at their job, whether or not they give a damn and what their personal pet peeves are.  I've been on the same job site with two different EPA inspectors and they didn't even come close to citing the same things, it was actually an eye opening experience and quite funny.

Binkspot:

--- Quote from: tonypep on December 20, 2012, 04:26:23 PM ---No not to my knowledge. Also there is no sharing of respirators. Nother Paddlin'

--- End quote ---

Respirators need to be fit tested, correct and dated cartridges and no facial hair or other items such as piercing that will compromise the seal against your face. Really useless if it does not fit right and or leaks, false sense of security.   

brandon:

--- Quote from: Binkspot on December 20, 2012, 05:54:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: tonypep on December 20, 2012, 04:26:23 PM ---No not to my knowledge. Also there is no sharing of respirators. Nother Paddlin'

--- End quote ---

Respirators need to be fit tested, correct and dated cartridges and no facial hair or other items such as piercing that will compromise the seal against your face. Really useless if it does not fit right and or leaks, false sense of security.

--- End quote ---

I agree 100%. I know someone that uses one from time to time on a  construction/painting gig and hasn't changed the filter in like 3 years. What's the point.

mk162:
they actually will still block particulate matter and for construction, that matters more.  Most paints contain very low VOC's, it's the dust and debris that is more harmful in new construction and remodeling.

blue moon:
so where would a respirator be required in the screenprinting shop?

pierre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version