Author Topic: Discharge blending colors  (Read 3081 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Discharge blending colors
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
This is a four color (Magenta, Blue, Yellow, Red plus White) discharge print. There are no purples, oranges, greens etc. 55 DPI 305 mesh all using the CCI discharge base and white and Oasis pigments.
tp
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:20:20 PM by blue moon »

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Discharge blending colors
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »
Slammin. It's almost as if there is more blend from the yellow then there is yellow!
Mind posting the print order?

Offline squeegee

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »
That looks great, nice artwork too, what brand is the garment?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:58:37 PM »
That is an Eternal 3223 Womens 3/4 v-notch. Print order is Yellow, Blue, Magenta, White, Red. Red last for maximum pop. The dots melt together seamlessly to give the "split fountain" effect. Occaisonally had to stop for more garments. Left the screens flooded, ran a pellon, then back to printing. No problems with the ink drying even with that high mesh.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »
So the white was CCI too?  Is it premixed or did you make it with the CCI dis base?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 03:16:21 PM »
CCI white + 5% water.......not titanium white but no hand. They just rec'd the sales samps and looks like they will double the production run so I guess it was worth the effort.
tp

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
NICE!

Here was my first experiment with a discharge simulated split fountain. I tried it first with trans inks but it wasn't very bright on the sand color shirt. The discharge made it pop.

Light blue (Matsui 301 tinted with white, not discharge)
Gold discharge
Dark orange discharge
Black

There is some green and brown secondary and tertiary shades in there that are hard to see in the pic but overall it worked out great. This was printed after posters had already been done with a split fountain, but I said eff that noise and did a two-screen fade.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 03:38:59 PM »
BTW the fabric used for this body is called "Slubby" It uses a mixture of different yarn sizes to create a subtle textured printing surface. If you look closely the texture comes through slightly. Its an interesting effect.
tp

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 03:48:50 PM »
BTW the fabric used for this body is called "Slubby" It uses a mixture of different yarn sizes to create a subtle textured printing surface. If you look closely the texture comes through slightly. Its an interesting effect.
tp

Kinda like a baby-rib? Hard to tell from the pic.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »
No not at all really. The yarns are twisted horizontally at slightly different angles. So there are subtle striations running through the print  without overpowering the design. It is a fine gauge cotton product. We also ran it on sheers and repair stitch.
tp

Offline squeegee

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
I know what you mean about the fabric, I did some shirts similar to that from Sanmar with discharge and transparent waterbase and the pattern/grain of the fabric came through in the print and enhanced the look, pretty sweet when that happens.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »
J. America has a bunch of slubby styles.

I would call it more of a distressed shirt.  There is no patterning to it, it just looks worn out in some spots.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 04:48:42 PM »
J. America has a bunch of slubby styles.

I would call it more of a distressed shirt.  There is no patterning to it, it just looks worn out in some spots.

that sounds like burnouts to me, what Tony had was different. Maybe he can enlighten us . . .
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!